“Good central business location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #8 of 42 Hotels in Durban
Dubai
“Good central business location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Good safe clean hotel in Durban. Excellent location for business or visiting events in Durban. Only needs free wifi to make it an excellent exoerience.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
HiltonDurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this review, December 30, 2011
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your constructive feedback. We are delighted that you agree that the hotel is in an excellent location, close to the ICC and most of the tourist attractions in Durban.
Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to see you back at Hilton Durban in the near future.

Kind Regards

Journey Ambassador

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

This was our first visit to Durban as part of a family holiday. Hotel was about ten minutes walk from the beach. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast was excellent. Service was great. Room was spacious, lovely shower. We had an eight month baby with us therefore, cot was provided upon request. 3pm late checkout allowed. Although a little pricey it was well worth the stay. Airport transfers were organised by the staff. We would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
HiltonDurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this review, December 9, 2011
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us, and you and your family were able to experience the beautiful surrounding of the Indian Ocean. It’s always a pleasure receiving great feedback on service and this will definately be passed onto our staff. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Durban Hilton in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

Got a great deal through hotelopia. The staff were great. An addition was that I could use the well equipped gym. Breakfast was top class. Only negative was that the shower needed a descaling from the bult up soap scum. All considered good service on the whole.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
HiltonDurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Dear Nevc

Thank you for your constructive feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your overall stay with us, I will however pass on your feedback to our Executive Housekeeper about the shower. Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you to Hilton Durban in the near future.

Roshini naidoo
Jounrey Ambassador
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

I was in Durban for business last week and stayed at the hilton. After staying at quite a few Hiltons I can say this is my best. Great service, great rooms and nice hotel all round. Restaurant I thought was VERY over priced for the rest of Durban, but then again the food was good and service I received was great too. Other than that I was very impressed. I would stay here again for business but not so sure about for pleasure.

Room Tip: I asked for an ocean view and I got one :) They are very accommodating.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and you found the service great. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Warmest Regards

Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Recently stayed at a number of Hilton Hotels in the US. The Hilton Durban outranks most them on basically all levels. What stands out about the Hilton Durban is the friendly staff, an excellent executive lounge and good conferencing facilities. The Friday night seafood buffet is one of the best and real value for money. Nice views of the ocean from the lounge.

Room Tip: Request a sea facing room. Avoid room 1307. You can hear the people walking in the executive lounge...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
HiltonDurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write about us.

We are glad that you were able to experience a true Hilton Culture. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed the seafood buffet and your comments will definitely be passed onto our chefs.

Thank you once again for your wonderful words and we look forward to seeing you back at Hilton Durban.

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

As a wedding gift, I booked this hotel for my younger sister for two nights as a mini-honeymoon. I have stayed there previously when on business some years ago, and remembered it fondly as a hotel that,despite its size, provided personalised extras for special occasions (such as an upgrade to the exec floor, a fruit basket in my room, etc) when they were informed by my boss that I was having a birthday during my business stay there.
Sadly, such personal touches are a thing of the past - despite twice stressing that I was booking my sister in for her wedding night and the following night, there was absolutely no acknowledgement of this for the bridal pair. I informed the hotel upon booking and gain upon check in. The room allocated was nice (typical hilton standard, I saw it when i dropped the bride off to dress for her wedding) but the newly weds spent real little time in their room, as there was a luncheon function at the in-laws the following day. Despite this, they had to request (beg?) for a late checkout twice before the request was granted, even though it was obvious that the hotel was nowhere near full capacity, and despite the fact that my sister and her husband had spent a considerable amount on room service and other food at the hotel. Considering I could have booked a beachfront hotel at a similar rate to the 'special' price I paid for my gift to my sister, I must admit to keen disappointment that the Durban Hilton did so little to make this a memorable occasion for a couple that very rarely has an opportunity to experience a deluxe hotel.
I'm afraid I will no longer recommend this hotel to friends and colleagues travelling to Durban on business or holiday, as a similar experience can be had at a lower price at other chain hotels.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for your constructive feedback. I am sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. I will follow up with our reservations and front office department as to why your bridal party was not acknowledged as this is certainly not our standard, I am glad to hear that you found our rooms nice.
With regards to late check outs we do try to accommodate our guests as far as possible, however should there be high occupancies on the date that the late check out is requested, we will unfortunately not be able to assist in a late check out.
I once again would like to apologise for not meeting your expectations to the fullest and hope we can welcome you back to give you a true Hilton Experience.

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Modern, clean hotel. Breakfast was great. Convenient parking.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
HiltonDurban, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
Dear Mr ConorH

Thank you for your great feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Durban.

Been to Hilton Durban? Share your experiences!