“Fun, lively, delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Chicago
“Fun, lively, delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Great beer selection, great food, great atmosphere. Wait staff made great recommendations for our table of 14. Flatbreads, calamari. My fish soup was delicious, full of shrimp, clams, mussels and more. Rocket & goat cheese salad was impressive. Definitely recommend this restaurant.

Visited August 2013

Durban, South Africa
“JUST AWEFUL ON EVERY LEVEL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We waited over 25 mins for our first drink to arrive. Out of a table of 4, we received one drink, then a few minutes later another, then 5 minutes later another??? SERIOUSLY??? The excuse was there was only one bar tender!! We talking beers here people, its not like it involves any making? You open a bottle for flips sake!!!!

The time before we where there, we ended up walking out as it took them 35 minutes to make a margarita ONLY to then come to us, after we complained where is our drinks, to tell us they had run out of mix????

We decided to give them another chance after we heard they had had a management change!!!

We waited and waited and waited for our food and when it did finally arrive it was VERY mediocre.. I ordered the Gorden Ramseys Mac and Cheese and if I tell you the lobster tail was so inedible, it was like chewing on a primary school pencil eraser!

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE !!! The manager walked around cleaning tables and talking to people he knew, the rest of the tables where left completely unattended!

Sadly even with a management change this place is disappointing on every level!

A KFC would offer better service, better prices and above all else, better food ! :-(

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Durban, South Africa
“No impressed with the food...toilets were filthy.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

When a restaurant has a good atmosphere and good service its a terrible shame when the food is just not up to scratch. I had to send my Burger - yes my burger back twice before it was cooked well done - why can't a chef get that right - not too hard you'd have thought? You can't serve processed meat red - it has to be cooked as i requested. It was also shame for the waiter who was just as frustrated as i was to get it right. Come on chef...
We have tried Craft 3 times each with a fail....and that's a strike cos we ain't going back.
p.s. toilets were filthy

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“blah”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have been to Craft 6 times and the only time I have left feeling remotely satisfied is when I ordered a burger. Every other time I continually had food issues. First time: proportion size and lack of flavor of the gambero pasta dish. Next time, I ordered the seafood pasta in a bag, again no flavour. Went back again and tried the GR Mac & Cheese - bland, no breadcrumbs. Next couple times I stuck to Burgers and they were great. Finally, last night, I gave the Gambero another chance, this time huge portion of pasta but absolutely no flavour and no coriander. My husband ordered a burger, well done - it went back 3 times before they cooked it properly.

I think the only redeeming quality of the restaurant is the atmosphere and service. Everyone always helpful and friendly. However, last night the toilet cleanliness was an issue - no toilet paper, piss on the walls, broken lock and no soap.

It seems the quality and ability of the chefs are slipping and its too bad because it is a great cozy spot. Sadly, that will be our last visit.

My advise to those who want to try it is stick to burgers and beer.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Looking at the facade of the place, you wouldn't think it's oozing with great stuff! Everything I have tried were soooo good that I plan to make regular visits. I had really good started which I have totally forgotten the names due to the ecstasy they brought! The amazing appetizers were the stuffed calamari and the chorizo wrapped in pasta and cheese.. I had the seafood cartoccio which I would say has a yield of 4 servings so I had to bring home half of it (yes, I ate half = 2 servings!). It has the right mix of everything! I also had a taste of the spareribs (pork and lamb).. heaven!

My advice is to try anything and you'll be surprised.

Service is also very good.

• Visited May 2013