“The Most Adorable B&B You'll Ever Go To” 5 of 5 stars

60 Clair Avenue | Manor Gardens, Glenwood, Durban 4001, South Africa   |
Ranked #11 of 235 Durban B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pretoria, South Africa
“The Most Adorable B&B You'll Ever Go To”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I chose "An Upper Room" because it immediately reminded me of home when I saw the Pictures of it on the web and on arrival it was every bit the home away from home I had imagined and then some. It was warm, cosy, and I felt like I was walking into My own front door. The hosts and staff were so friendly and extremely welcoming. I had the most amazing view of the harbour in my room and coupled with the all white linen and cutest decor I was in my own little heaven. The breakfast was amazing and was always something to look Forward to every morning. There is no doubt in my mind that on my return to Durban me and my special guest who came over will choose An Upper room once more. I miss it already.

Room Tip: The Willow Room is beautiful.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Edith T, Owner at An Upper Room, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us, we really appreciate it and are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also very happy that you felt relaxed and at home. On your return to Durbs we hope to see you again soon!

Kind Regards,
Edith, Connie and Leon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Joburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were greeting by a very friendly host and her crew and felt at home immediately:) The rooms are lovely, clean and well maintained, a lot of love and care has been put into them to ensure they are tastefully decorated. The breakfasts are out of the world, something to look forward to when you wake up.
Thank you so much Edith and Connie for looking after us so beautifully. We will definitely be back. I know Katie will miss Bentley:)

Room Tip: They were all beautiful :)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Edith T, Owner at An Upper Room, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your review, it really does mean a lot to us when guests take the trouble to review our B&B. We are also extremely happy that your stay with us was a comfortable one. Our little Bentley loved all the attention that he got from Katie. We look forward to seeing you again.

Edith, Connie and Leon.
Mbabane, Swaziland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I'm glad I chosen "An Upper Room" during our stay in Durban, very kind and friendly owners and staff and a cute doggy. The location is very safe and convenience to all place you want to go, the room were very clean and comfortable, the parking area was secured as well, I definitely will choose An Upper Room again and strongly commend their good service!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Edith T, Owner at An Upper Room, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our B&B, this means a lot to us. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with and that it was a comfortable one.

Our goal is to ensure that each and every guest has a safe and comfortable stay with us and we will do our very best to make sure that it happens. We really enjoyed having you at our Bed and Breakfast and look forward to your coming back.

Leon and I hope that your return trip to Swaziland was a safe one.

Edith and Leon.
Luanda, Angola
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My girlfriend and I were very happy with the hospitality and a great quality of services offered to us during our second stay at "An Upper Room";

Big thank you to the most amazing & friendly hosts who made our stay a remarkable moment, a good time, intimate, enjoyable, comforting and secure.

I will definitely recommend "Upper Room" to friends and family and I'm sure we'll be back to enjoy the comfortable&spotless room, the variety of fresh and delicious breakfasts and your friendly hospitality.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Edith T, Owner at An Upper Room, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review An Upper Room. Leon and I are delighted that you felt comfortable and at home in our B&B. We are even more delighted and honoured to claim your title of “Our favourite Spot”. We look forward to your next visit to Durbs.

Sincerely
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Thank you so much for excellent hospitality, everything was perfect from the geographical location to the friendly ambience. The room was well kept and clean providing a comfortable and happy stay. The breakfast's were delicious and well presented. I felt secure and well look aftered. Will definately return here for accomodation.

• Stayed March 2013
Edith T, Owner at An Upper Room, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our B&B, we really appreciate it and are extremely happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again, on your return.

Kind regards

Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms. Very friendly and welcoming owners and staff. The area was quite safe, it was central to amenities, like +_5 min away from CBD, +_10min away from the Stadium. Parking was quite secured. Electronics in the room were all in working condition. There is a small reserved dog, just thought I'd mention that for anyone who might be allergic.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Edith T, Owner at An Upper Room, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your review, it really means a lot to us when our guests take the trouble to review An Upper Room and leave such nice comments. We hope we see you soon when you are back in Durbs again.

Edith, Leon and Connie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Relaxing, calm, intimate and warm. At home away from home. We where excepted with open arms and arrangement where made to suite our specific requirements even though we did not make any pre-arrival arrangements. We where accommodated without prejudice although we where sensitive that no prior arrangement where made, or no over the top short notice fees where instituted. A real feeling of humanity, integrity and respect.

• Stayed February 2013
Edith T, Owner at An Upper Room, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for your review, Leon and I are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We believe that we do what we can to make your stay a comfortable one and will always welcome our guests with a warm and homely feeling.
We look forward to your return.

Kind regards
Edith and Leon

Been to An Upper Room? Share your experiences!