“Great Day Visit.” 5 of 5 stars

Ruckersville, Virginia
13 attraction reviews
“Great Day Visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Wonderful trip back into time, viewing how tribal life was in Shakas" time. The village, Its residents, and their culture were well represented by the current tribemenbers, Joe was an excellent spokesperson and guide. We witnessed wonderful dancing, followed by a well prepared buffet lunch at the hoted restaurnat. Worth the visit. Remember to drink the Beer. ( tribal custom, it is an insult not to sample, or appear to)

Visited September 2013

Nottingham, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We visited on a day trip from Durban. This was fantastic, authentic Zulu experience with a great and informative guide who gave us a comprehensive and fascinating overview of Zulu culture and traditions. The dancing and singing Zulu style was a real treat as well. There was a tasty lunch on offer afterwards as well as numerous arts and crafts at reasonable prices. A great experience.

Visited August 2013
San Francisco, California
29 attraction reviews
“WOW- Truly impressed, treated like royalty- were the only guests that night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Very well organized experience- truly immersed in learning about the Zulu culture. Lovely accommodations, village tour, dancing (cast of over 15), dinner, breakfast. Everyone did everything that is normally done for a larger group. Tried my hand at fighting and spear throwing, narrowly missing one of the oxen. Whew!!! Tasty food and pleasant service in the dining hall. Crafts available for purchase at very reasonable prices. Guide was a real charmer! A highlight of our three weeks in South Africa. The location is a tad farther than the on line map appears; and, of course, forgot to get my 50R tv remote deposit back. Wrote to add it to the community fund. The village is on uneven packed dirt. Walk slowly.

Visited June 2013
LANCASHIRE, ENGLAND
18 attraction reviews
“What a night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our time in the Zulu Village from the moment they met us off the coach you were in 'Zulu Life'. It was great fun and so entertaining it was one of our highlights of a wonderful tour of South Africa. They were really nice people and had us laughing all the time. The show in the evening was terrific with dancing and singing and i was fascinated with the little boy of around two years of age joining in when he wanted to. It was obvious he was loving it because they didn't make him do it, he was just copying them in the sidelines. He looked so cute in his little loincloth! The accomodation however is a bit scary for someone like me who hates insects etc. Although I didn't see anything, probably due to the fact that I got undressed in the dark, brushed the bedding quickly with my hands, dived into bed and covered myself up in no time, I woke up covered in bites (I am prone to get them). Our evening meal the night before was lovely and this was followed by a great breakfast. All in all it isn't their fault I have a phobia of moths etc it was a brillian experience that i would thoroughly recommend to anyone...bit of a tip though - please supply mozzy nets and people like me would feel safer!

Visited November 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“Good memories!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Kate and I visited this place over the past weekend and we loved every moment of it, it was a little hard to find, due to the lack of road signs so be careful and take your time to read the road signs (dont trust your GPS like we did!)

We arrived and were greeted by a man in a traditional clothing (or lack of), he gave us a little brief on how to get to the reception desk (a short walk from the car) and announced our arrival by playing a sequence on a drum.

We were ushered after checking in to the bar of which has the most amazing view of the local dam.

We were greeted by a lady dressed in the traditional beads and she was very knowledgable about her Umozi or traditional Zulu culture.

The tour (Nandi Program) took about three hours in total, included a short tour around the Umozi, a Zulu beer tasting, a 30 min dance show (including drums) and local dances from around SA and a beautiful buffet lunch afterwards.

We were lucky enough to witness a wedding (a family had booked part of the venue) even though we were not invited, we had an awesome viewpoint and were happy to be there.

The souvenir shop was a little expensive, but my piece of advice is to barter with them (dont be afraid to do so).

It cost us R380 including the lunch.

Visited December 2012