I'll give the Pros and Cons, then my summary:
1. Immediately off the I-40 interstate for easy access on and off the highway;
2. Next to Denny's, so you can walk next door and get a decent meal;
3. Staff is very courteous and pleasant;
4. Rooms are clean and in good condition;
5. Abundant pillows and towels;
6. Comfortable beds
7. Low cost
8. Free internet and fairly quick speed
1. Very close to a railroad track, so you WILL hear and feel the rumble of trains at night;
2. Deodorizing chemicals used in the rooms are overpowering, enough to burn your nose;
3. Floorboards above squeak VERY loudly with every step the upstairs guest takes;
4. Breakfast area is very small and cramped.
Definitely request a room on the 2nd floor, because the floorboards are so old and squeaky that the person above you will keep you up with each and every step they take. Together with the rumble and whistle of the trains, you WILL need ear-plugs to get any sleep. I'm serious about that - I was exhausted and could NOT get to sleep with all the noise until I inserted foam ear-plugs. Also, the stench of the deodorizing chemicals is SO strong that my family was literally coughing in the morning and our nostrils had a burning sensation and our throats were scratchy. Frankly, the chemical odor was so over-powering that it fairly ruined our stay in an otherwise decent and clean room.
My advice is to get a room on the 2nd floor, and definitely go in and smell it before you unpack. Other than that, the hotel is in good condition, everything was comfortable and the staff were very courteous and polite.
Request a second floor room and bring ear-plugs. Very noisy. Also, bring a set of nose-plugs and a...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
May 1, 2013
We thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Kingman Travelodge. We really appreciate your thorough feedback, which we use to continue to improve this Travelodge.
Report response as inappropriate
Your review breaks it down into pros and cons which in turn helps others know what they can expect. We are pleased that you were happy with many aspects of your stay. We do hope you will be staying with us again in the future.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.