“Decent place to stay if you're in the Area.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Kingman
San Jose, California
“Decent place to stay if you're in the Area.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This in is on Route 66. We stayed here on a week day, off season. Odd shape motel with most of it's rooms up a slight hill behind the front part (street level.) There was only 1 other car park at the front part. I asked for an upstairs room (2 level) and was told that my room was already assigned (is it because I was using points?) thus we're on the front part. Later on we went to see if there are more guest at the other part, and there were about 15 or so cars. Rather old buildings, clean spacious rooms, 2 seperate sinks (1 in the bathroom, the other across from the closet along with the coffee maker, microwave and fridge.) Beds are comfortable. Though the streetis busy during the afternoon, it was quiet in the room. Free hot breakfat served in a romm decorated like a fifties diner with Route 66 memorabilia.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Nampa, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

December 26 & 27,2012
Husband and I took a road trip to drive route 66.
Price was good...clean enough...dated...breakfast ok...bed ok...neighbors BAD(they fought all night),so we did not sleep very good the second night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My daughter-in-laws father died this week and we stayed at the quality inn. It is a great place to unwind and relax, after handling arrangements were made. The staff was great and helped us with faxes and made sure we had a good morning breakfast. The rooms were quiet; however, the bathroom could use updating especially the sink and water. Other than that the room was very nice. Will stay here again when we are in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms is the back are quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here twice and was happy with the room both times. Have breakfast in morning included. overall experience was pleasant. You get a discount at the Dambar steakhouse with room key. will definitly stay again on my next trip west.

Stayed December 2012
Stevensville, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed here on our way to the Grand Canyon it looked great. The desk clerk said she was giving us a really nice room. I would hate to see the other ones.The ceiling was all water stains and the wallpaper was pealing down from it. This room needed remodeling twenty years ago. The paint on the headboard was all scratched off and the lamps and clock by the bed did not work. We pulled the bed out to see if the plug was in and found it was pushed into the mattress, not very safe also we found a pair of dirty underware ! The bathtub was very stained and looked like it could have used a good scrubbing. The room was very noisey as trains run all night. When we went to checkout I told the clerk about it and she just chuckled and said o well. I found her rude the lady the night before had been very friendly. Give this one a pass and go a little farther down the road you will be happier.

Room Tip: Don.t take a room at the back it is very noisey.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kirkwall, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Can tell this used to be an independant motel that Quality Inn has taken over. Rooms a little dated but clean which is important. Fridge/Micro in room. Pool clean but cold. I cant understand why hotels here dont use Solar power pool heaters, they are readily availible on the market and would provide warmer pool water for free - Arizona isn't exactly short on sunshine. Spa/Hot Tub was nice though. Breakfast area is a little small with only about 10-12 seats. Plenty of fast food joints close by - 5 min drive - and a huge Walmart which was handy for a packed lunch. Right on Route 66 so easy to get to the attractions along the way. Also I-40 very close if you want to take the more modern route to the Grand Canyon! Free Wi-Fi handy but a little slow and had to keep re-logging on with my iphone everytime I stopped using it for more than a few minutes which got annoying. One thing to be aware of was my door didnt shut properly. It needed a propper push/pull to engage the lock. This would catch some people out who just let the door go and expect it to lock behind them. Possible security risk. Shower head quite low and the flow selector didnt work very well. TV reception poor on a few channels. I also forgot my travel pillow there which seemed to have been just thrown away. I called the hotel only a few hours after leaving and it was not there. Sure, it was my fault I forgot it but surely they should keep things like that for a few days so people can try and get them back. I then got a call from the hotel saying they had found it and would send it to my next hotel and it never arrived. Very poor service from the Owner/Manager who insisted he had sent it but could not provide proof of this. Poor customer service hence the 2 dot rating fro me.

Room Tip: Just make sure you dont forget anything or you wont get it back. Great location for Rt66/Grand Canyo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Garden Grove
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The rooms have old tv , refrigerator microwave and coffee maker. The rooms are not very clean. I stayed one night and had to come back which they did not give me the same room again and they were not very crowded. I had left my I phone charger cord in the room and when I checked in the second day it was gone . The vending machine outside our blah. had melted and rotten food in it and had to walk to the main lobby to get anything. Nothing within walking distance to go to eat.

Room Tip: Would probably not stay there again.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!