“Horrible Unprofessional Staff” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Redondo Beach, California, United States
“Horrible Unprofessional Staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This hotel is an absolute joke. Very rude staff & owner. After I had a very mediocre stay they called me two days later to inform me they were going to charge me $140 for a pillow (this isn't the Hyatt, no pillow is that expensive at a best western) that they though my dog had chewed up. They also said they used black lights before & after my stay and found urine stains from my pet. Once I was talking to the condescending assistant, he hung up on me. He had stated that a supervisor checks the room prior to a guest staying, and also after they checkout. He also told me that I should be taking pictures of everything before and after I leave so I have proof if anything gets damaged, because (as he stated) "that's what he would do". When I had told him that I contacted my credit card company to dispute the charge for the pillow, he told me that I was threatening him and then he hung up on me which is highly unprofessional. I immediately called back and requested him and I was told he wasn't in the office, in which case I informed the receptionist that he just hung up on me and I knew he was in the office. At that point he got on the phone with me again and denied hanging up on me. I had been completely disrespected and mistreated by your staff. The owner told me that he was going to take a picture of the pillow and email it to me, which never happened. When I left the room there was no damage to the pillow and everything was in order. I called 3 times for the owner to contact me over the phone, and he never did. He emailed me with ridiculous claims about his hotel being the industry standard and that no matter what, I needed to pay for the "damages". They never proved that the damage was even from my room. They called me days later to inform me, which is also bogus considering other customers could have stayed in the hotel after my stay. Overall, horrible service, unprofessional staff, and a very dishonest owner.

Room Tip: Go to the Holiday Inn Express, save yourself horrible service & dishonest management.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
bwkingsinn, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS King's Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
I do remember this guest and I did send him the photos of the damage as well as a copy of the invoice for the pillow in question, I also offered to send him the pillow. I do believe everyone should be responsible for the damage they cause as this enables us to keep our prices reasonable for the guests that do not cause damage. Best Western is leading the industry in the use of black lights. We do use a black light on the check out of all pet rooms as all guests are entitled to a clean room. I am sorry if you felt that I or my staff treated you rudely but it is never a pleasant task to bring these matters to the attention of those responsible.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Helsinki
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This Best Western Inn is not a motel, more like a hotel and a very nice one. It offers big rooms, nice breakfast, clean, good value. There is a nice restaurant next door.

Only negative side is the location: outside the town by a busy road.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
bwkingsinn, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS King's Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for your comments, I do appreciate hearing your feed back. We value your opinions and will be using the feedback to help us continue to meet our guests expectations.
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as part of a roadtrip and just booked it as a one night stopover. We were really pleasantly surprised though at the value for money here, the rooms were clean and spacious and the beds were really comfortable. Also the service was excellent. The breakfast was delicious with plenty of choice too and really set us up for the next leg of our trip.
I would highly recommend staying at this hotel.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We have been on a vacation road trip for 30 days and this is the best hotel we have stayed in The king room was spacious, clean and the furniture was modern and in great condition. The shower was a large walkin with clean and nice tiling. The sink countertop was large so you could put everthing on it. The breakfast was on real plates with real silverware, no plastic. The eggs were fresh and done just right, there was also sausage, hash browns and gravy. Fresh dougnuts and danish. They also have neat mugs with Rt 66 on them. The top off was the server cleared your table. Plenty of room and tables for breakfast.

Room Tip: No need to look anywhere else
Del Mar, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were delighted to find this little gem on our way back to San Diego from Colorado. Did not make reservations until the last minute and were a little bit wary of staying at a Best Western, but it turned out to be. Our room had been remodeled fairly recently and was very comfortable. The price included a hot breakfast the next morning that was much better than the typical Holiday Inn Express offering. Would definitely stay there again when spending a night in Kingman.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has recenlty been re-modeled.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is an excellent facility, convenient to the interstate, clean, great towels, nice staff, good size room with excellent tiled shower stall. The sink is outside the bathroom, which is useful for a couple getting dressed. The breakfast was great - with real eggs and sausage, and, for a change, real dishes, glasses, and silverware. The price was an excellent value. The only negative was the wifi was very slow.

Would we stay at this facility again? Absolutely.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The hotel was easy to find, check-in was prompt and the gals were helpful in directing us to places we wanted to find. It looked like the hotel had been recently updated, the lobby and breakfast area were very nice looking. It is an older hotel, no elevator, and the room doors open onto an outside "hallway." Looking up, you can see the wood overhang has peeling paint, and generally looks like it needs to be replaced. Our room was "modern" as well, but was musty smelling - the odor hits you like a brick as soon as you walk in. I don't know if it was just our luck to get the only smelly room in the complex? I doubt it. The bathroom shower was ventilated by opening a small window -- no exhaust fan. I did like that the sink and vanity area were separate from the toilet/shower area. During the evening and early night, smokers were hanging out outdoors, and their smoke drifted into our room through the crack around the door (there was no weather stripping on it) and in through the bathroom window and the air conditioning system. The bed was comfortable, however. The hot breakfast was nice, but the hash browns were heavy and greasy. There were plenty of other choices, so no one will walk away hungry. If we come to this area again, we will look for a more modern hotel that was built within the most current decade.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS King's Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!