“Outdated & unfriendly” 1 of 5 stars

Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #1 of 25 hotels in Kingman
“Outdated & unfriendly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We thought we were staying at the BW just a few doors away. When we explained the mistake as the streets are the same, we were told too bad- its after 430, you have to stay here. Reluctantly, we checked in- went to the room and the door was wide open. It wouldn't shut. The front desk man thought I was lying and didn't want to put us in another room. The second room, which I finally insisted on, smelled and was more outdated than the first. Long story short- look elsewhere, we had to call BW corporate to get us out of there and in to another BW for the night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

caryswenson56, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS A Wayfarer's Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear William S:

I am sorry my staff didn't allow you to cancel even though it was after the cancellation time period. It wasn't that late in the day to make an exception. I have instructed them to make exceptions in these kind of situations.

The room they sent you to had a door lock malfunction. Iwas the one who informed the front desk yo move you to another room.

I hope uou enjoyed

923 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night on our way from Las Vegas to Prescott. We found a nice, clean hotel with a friendly staff. The property seems fairly new and was well maintained. The free breakfast was above average for the ones you normally find at these types of hotels. We would stay again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is an old style open-court, drive- to- your- room style motel. Rooms are spacious and well apppointed, Bedding is top of the line, Breakfast is unusually thorough and well presented, Bathroom has a small window for venting and one of the old style heat lamps w/exhaust fan deals--So if you want fan, you get heatlamp too. Recommend they consider upgrading. Priced under 100 and well worth it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
PORTAGE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We need an extra bedroom, as we were traveling with a toddler, and this room was amazing for the price. Best Westerns are always a bit nicer than your standard chain hotel, and this one surpassed every expectation I had. I was greeted with a friendly smile and superfast check-in, then pleasantly surprised that the pool was open! My son and I had a great time swimming for a little bit. The breakfast was good, as far as hotel continental breakfasts go. Lots of variety. Thanks for a comfortable stay as we were passing through Kingman!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Aberdeen, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My main criteria are internet and breakfast. WiFi was good and the breakfast was the best I've had at any Best Western. There was a big variety, it was fresh, even had cooked oatmeal. I would recommend this place highly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Packer Country, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Very friendly staff upon check-in (4-18). We were given a room based on what we asked for and he was very accomodating. He also gave us recommendations on a restaurant for dinner and a small map of the area.
Our room was in an older 2-story building with our room door to the outside. The inside beautifully decorated and a nice size. The bathroom was a little small but you can't do much about that in older buildings. The bathroom was nicely done with a granite top and we liked the fact that the morning sun came in the small window in the bathroom.
The registration and breakfast building looked pretty new. Beautifully decorated, lots of windows, a fireplace, 3 computer stations. Breakfast was excellent and was a step up for the usual hotel breakfast. We had real plates and silverware too.
The staff upon check-out was also very nice.
We didn't have time to use the pool but it looked inviting.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed here for the second time recently while on a desert southwest road trip. I have stayed in Kingman many times over the years, but only got acquainted with this delightful Best Western hotel last November. It actually led me to join the Best Western rewards program after years of exclusive loyalty to the Priority Club program. Basically, I got tired of the hotel I used to stay in up the street from this hotel where the service and the rooms were mediocre and which cost so much more than this hotel.

That said, I now will not stay anywhere else in Kingman but the Best Western Plus A Wayfarer's Inn and Suites. The property is very well kept and the rooms are immaculate even if modest. I feel safe there and very comfortable. It has a sort of old-fashioned feel to me, but in a pleasant and nostalgic kind of way. You cannot beat their prices. I definitely feel that they are a bargain--especially with the incredibly extensive hot breakfast they provide each morning with several items to choose from.

The women who work at the desk are delightful. They are all mature and professionally dressed older women who are very pleasant, gracious, and accommodating. Facing them as opposed to the impersonal, distracted, and unfriendly younger people not uncommon at other hotels to me makes staying at this hotel a huge plus. Overall, I think that this hotel is terrific and I highly recommend it.

FYI, Oysters Mexican restaurant across the street from this hotel is a great place to eat and convenient since you can just walk over to it from the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS A Wayfarer's Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!