“Denny's does consistent right.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 91 Restaurants in Kingman
Phoenix, Arizona
“Denny's does consistent right.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Denny's is Denny's. It is consistent and one can be sure of decent food at decent prices. We stopped for lunch in Kingman on the way to Vegas. There were four of us in our party.
The waitress tried really hard to get things just right and answered questions like the Pro she was.
The time in getting the meals out was a bit slow, but things were tasty and hot where they were supposed to be. One of the meals included a glass of milk, which is always the bell weather of service for us. Usually it is forgotten entirely or served at the end of the meal as an after thought. We never remind the servers about this as their tips depend on getting this simple thing right. This time it was done right and served on time with the meals as it should be. Plus marks for that.
I had a Apple Cranberry Salad with dressing on the side. This was large and filling and quite tasty. My partner had a Club Sandwich off the senior menu. The portions were generous and we left happy.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Cold food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I have been going to the Denny's for 5 years and today will be my last. I went in was seated soon after my order was taken, I ordered the Lumberjack Slam well after my order was taken the waitress went to the table in front of me and took their order there were 4 of them well 20 minutes went by and their food came up and the waitress took them their food as I was still waiting for mine. Well another 15 minutes went by and my food was brought out to me ICE COLD I told the waitress is was cold she offered to put it in the mic I said no I am done I do not want it and paid for my coffee and left was never even told sorry. I will never step foot in this place again their are better places to eat at anyway

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Very convenient for Route 66 and nearby hotels. Very quick service, good menu, big portions, well cooked and tasted nice and a pleasant waitress.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“It is what it is. (Denny's at Flying J)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife, daughter, and I came here for dinner. I ordered a cheese burger. My wife the Lumberjack Slam and my daughter got a kids breakfast.

Heeeeeerrrrreeeee we go:
My daughters eggs were ordered scrambled but came out burnt. My wife's bacon and toast were over cooked and her has browns were under cooked.

I left a empty glass next to the edge of the table which I thought was the international sign for "fill it up". The waitress, Shelli, walked past me numerous times without even asking. It appeared her side work was more important then serving customers. The restaurant tempurature is set to "Ice Age" which made my wife's coffee cold before she could drink it.

I know it's a Denny's but still a little service goes along way.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
“ALways good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Allthough we thought the place is a bit old and it could use a clean up, the food is great and the service is good, we love to eat at Denny's grear American food for a reasonal price .... :)

Visited July 2013

Been to Denny's? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Denny's, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.