“Best by Far!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Seward, Alaska
“Best by Far!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We have been celebrating special occasions at the Hualapai Mountain Resort for some time now. If you're looking for excellent food in a fantastic atmosphere this is your place. The cooler temperatures on the mountain make for a nice place to listen to live music on the deck as a bonus.

• Visited October 2013

“best in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Anytime I have a reason for a special meal or a guest from out of town to take out to dinner I go to Hualapai Mountain Resort. Food is excellent & the beautiful pine forest is the absolute last thing people expect to see in Arizona. By far the best restaurant in the area!

Visited June 2014
Kingman, Arizona
“Awesome food and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I have visited this restaurant several times for breakfast, lunches, and dinners. The food is awesome! A great place to experience some high-end menu options (fresh fish and great steaks), while in a casual atmosphere. Sometimes, there were even some local wildlife (elk and deer) that were around to watch us eat! They have a bar with live bands on the weekends. And they have an EXCELLENT food rating with the county health inspector!

Green Valley, Arizona
“Liked Everything About My Visit-Reasonable Prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Although a bit out of the way, the roughly 12 mile drive from Kingman is along a scenic byway and offers fantastic mountain scenery, not to mention a break from the heat at lower elevations.

I arrived at lunchtime when the restaurant was packed with a party of 35 and most tables already taken. With that in mind I was prepared for a wait and some less than attentive service. Actually, the waitress was very efficient and did well. The man at the visitor center in Kingman said to try the meatloaf and that was excellent advice. Prices were reasonable, menu offered a variety of options at lunch including a daily special as well as soup, sandwiches and salads. There is also a separate bar that was busy.

The Restaurant puts out food for the elk and during most of my visit there was an elk or two out there eating. Huge windows allow guests to enjoy the forested mountain setting

The only desserts they had the day I was there were cobbler and vanilla ice cream. I would have enjoyed something sweet other than the two choices offered.

There is a ramp (for those unable to do steps) into the restaurant but it is rather steep with an awkward railing. Parking lot is gravel and uneven.. I mention this for those guests who may have mobility issues as it is a bit of a chore to get in. Once inside, there are two sets of restrooms. The ones by the bar are not accessible, but the ones in the restaurant are a bit roomier.

For me, the drive up, the menu selections, the prices and the service were all excellent. I would recommend this restaurant for those who are not in a hurry, as the drive up is slow and curvy.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Worth the Drive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

The Hualapai Mountain Resort Restaurant is located in the mountains about a 30 minute drive from Kingman. It was a scenic drive and we saw elk, deer and a buffalo. We were afraid that we had missed it and turned into the park and asked the ranger at the entrance booth and she told us to keep going we were almost there. The restaurant was a lodge with floor to ceiling windows where you can watch the wild life. Our lunch was very good. My husband ordered the open faced chill burger and my Reuben was piled high with pastrami. Our waitress was attentive and refilled our beverages several times. This lunch was the cheapest and the best we had while touring Route 66!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere