“Good Pit Stop on 66” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Kingman
Yorkshire
“Good Pit Stop on 66”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Finishing off our US road trip in Kingman before our flight out of Las Vegas the following day we had a very pleasant night in Kingman. Having driven the 66 from Williams we were glad of a rest. The reception staff were very good, recognised our priority club status and gave us a gift and we were invited to the evening reception. She also recommended a good local restaurant, Oysters, it was very nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brianna J, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingman, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are always pleased to recieve feedback on how good your stay was. We train our staff to make sure every guest has a wonderful stay and plans on coming back in the future. Again thank you for your stay with us and we are very happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Staff very nice, gave us a lil discount when checking in and asking for price difference between suite and regular room, got a very nice spacious suite for excellent price ! A room like this would cost $300 in California, paid around $100. Jus double check any travel info you get here, gal @ desk very helpful and nice but wrong about distances. I very highly recommend staying here, its so nice. Also watch exits careful if coming east this month there is construction at the exit and I missed it and had to drive a long way before I could turn around, it was worth it though.

• Stayed February 2013
Brianna J, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingman, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for stay with us. We pride ourselves on striving to be the best. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again on your travels and we will work on our staff to provide accurate distances for the future guests. Thank you again for your stay.
Lexington, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I'm trying to make allowances for the youth and possible inexperience of the desk clerk on duty. I asked for a room on the side of the hotel facing the street and was assigned several rooms before I got what I asked for; I had to go back down to the desk, suitcase in tow, each time -- not fun after a long day of traveling. The room I finally took had a loose security latch (the first time in years of traveling that I have ever encountered this). I had to tie something around it to secure it. Once I was in my room, I had problems getting the Wi-Fi to work, and the desk clerk said she had no idea how to help me, that the fault must be in my computer (it wasn't). I finally called the ISP and was told that I should never have been told to call them, that the responsibility lay with the hotel to ask for assistance. Only after alerting the ISP and letting the desk clerk know in no uncertain terms that her excuses were unacceptable did I finally get on the Internet. I don't think the young woman on duty was in any way qualified to be responsible for the well-being of a hotel full of guests and can only imagine how she would have coped in an actual emergency.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Brianna J, Front Desk Agent at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingman, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
I would like to apologize for your recent stay at our establishment. It was unacceptable what you dealt with. The employee was talked to and given instructions what to do in situations like that again. Again we here at HIE apologize for any inconvience that happened while you stayed with us. I hope you will give us another chance and stay with us again.
Irkutsk, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We were travelling from LA to Grand Canyon and our kid felt not well. Stopped at that place and it was really good. Clean, easy to find, regular HI breakfast. Very well located - right at the crossroads - we went to the Route 66 easily after a visit to Walmart nearby. The beds were great and the bathrooms clean. My best recommendation!

Room Tip: all roms are ok.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Brianna J, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingman, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Its always a pleasure to hear our guests had a well deserved time. We have currently had new team members join our company so we are helping them know distances to and from places. We really hope to see you again on your travels through Kingman.
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Clean, basic, good value for business travel. Nice TV in room along with refrigerator and microwave. Everything worked and there were ample electrical sockets - not something you always find in hotels. Hotel is middle aged, but the room I was in was renovated within the last couple of years.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for stay with us. It always nice to get feedback from guest that have stayed with us. We do our best to make sure everything is up to the standards of our guest. We hope to see you in the future and make your stay even more enjoyable.
Mooresville, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Kingman on business. It's okay, and I think the property owners/management are trying to do a good job but the property has some age and it shows. I had a room on the back side of the hotel (214) which has a loveley view of the wall of the Comfort Inn (?) next door. Also, there's some noise transfer through the walls between room; not terrible, but not optimal either. I stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites earlier this year and it has the advantage of being newer. Again, clean enough and they are trying but for the price the Hampton is probably better.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
We want to Thank you for your stay with us. We also would like to apologize that your stay wasn't flawless. We try our best to make sure all of our guests are happy. We currently under remodeling to improve our hotel. We hope you can gives us another chance to make your stay enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you here with us again.
Clovis, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

For $129.00, I would have thought that the room would have been comfortably furnished and with a more comfortable mattress. It does not have the look or feel of the modern Holiday Inn Expresses that I have stayed in. I have stayed in Kingman several times at other hotels for less money with equal ammenities.

Room did have a nice sized refrigerator in it, and the microwave was clean. Room was clean by picky standards.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We would like to thank you for your stay with us here in Kingman. I am regretful we did not live up to your expectations. We pride ourselves on making every guest feel like home. We are currently under remodeling to fix these issues. We would be very pleased if you stayed at our hotel again and make sure your stay is even better.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingman? Share your experiences!