My husband went online to book a room in Kingman Arizona for the night of November 21, 2012. This was done on September 15, 2012. After we made the reservation my husband had surgery, and then he had complications from the surgery and went back into the hospital. I came down with pneumonia. His incision has become infected, and I have a bacteria rash and both of us are on antibiotics. And if that isn't enough, I have developed Shingles. On top of all of this, in our everyday lives I am in a wheel chair due to Post-Polio Syndrome and my husband is legally blind. We just decided all of this was more than we could cope and we would stay home, so we canceled the reservations on September 25, 2012. This is a 10 day gap, but it was 58 days BEFORE the day we intended to stay at the Holiday Inn Express. I went back over the email reservation and there was nothing to indicate that the $135.69 was no-refundable. I called my credit card company and they said that they had never heard of anything like this, and that they would represent us. BTW if we had reserved the room for a longer period of time, all of the transaction would have been non-refundable.
I wonder how many times will they rent this room over the next 58 days and keep the money when others cancel. What a rip-off! I figure if Holiday Inn is doing this other hotels are too, or will quickly follow suit. Beware!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingman is located off I-40 (exit 53) on Historic Route 66. The lovely Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Kingman, Arizona is a non-smoking hotel and pets are not permitted. We are within driving distance of the 'skywalk' at Grand Canyon West Rim, casinos in Las Vegas, Laughlin & Indian gaming, the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Colorado River and Oatman Ghost Town. Travelers can visit the London Bridge and Historic Route 66 Museum, enjoy boating and fishing in Lake Havasu or Lake Mead and go hiking in the Hualapais. We feature 75 spacious, tastefully decorated rooms with either a king or two queen sized beds. Our 28 elegant suites include a sofa bed and wet bar. We provide a work desk along with in-room data ports for free high-speed Internet access, wireless Internet access, and free local calls. The complimentary deluxe Continental breakfast is served in the great room from 6:30-9:30 AM. Our facility has an indoor heated swimming pool, spa, fitness center, and coin laundry. Guests can use the business center with free Internet access, fax and copies. The three floor facility with interior corridors is serviced with an elevator. Our 625 sq. ft. meeting room holds 50 people. We look forward to seeing you soon at The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Kingman, Arizona. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Kingman
- Holiday Inn Express Kingman
- Holiday Inn Kingman