“Discusting, filthy beyond my imagination!” 1 of 5 stars

Tri State Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1225 West Beale, Kingman, AZ 86401   |
Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in Kingman
California
“Discusting, filthy beyond my imagination!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

No rooms available in the area other than here. The room was filthy beyond belief: large dark stains on the carpet, dark spatter on the walls, dirty walls, bathtub stained and filthy, smoke alarm missing and wires hanging out, holes in the walls and bathroom doors, filthy upholstered chairs...tv iffy, no internet service...
With all the filth we were surprised to find very clean sheets/pillow cases and a comfortable bed!
Upon leaving found a bloody IV line by our car...

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kingman, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Nasty rooms, no blankets between the sheets and bedspreads (although they would likely be filthy too), see-thru towels. Cable is a conundrum.....manager had to come to the room to get it to work. We were only in Kingman (our home area) for a week between jobs and stayed here because it was so cheap (alas, found out later we could have stayed at the Knights Inn in town for the same price....will know better next time). We were moved part way thru the stay because of a prior reservation he had for someone else who specifically wanted our room (seriously????) and the room we were moved to was no better. Daughter's bed had no bedspread and they didn't have one to give us (WTH????). The shower I took in the morning felt more like me washing the filthiness of this place off of me. I won't stay here again.....I'll sleep in my vehicle first.

Room Tip: Want a good room? Go somewhere else....Knights Inn on Andy Devine is about the same amount with MUC...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
vancouver island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed at this motel when we were on an extended motorcycle trip. We arrived late and it was the first motel we came across and we were very cold , so we decided to get a room for the night. Well the front desk clerk was an older man and a very nice fellow, the lobby was plain and non assuming so we decided to check in. Could not believe the price was only 34$ but soon realized why . When we walked in the room was cold and smelled very old. The bed was a king but was from the sixties decor and was disgusting stains on sheets and just dirty in general. The washroom was so bad we went across the street to use the one in the gas station . Paint was peeling off the walls and there was some goo dripping out of the heater. Had I of known that there was a string of decent hotels down the road I would have pressed on. We slept in our clothes and shoes.

Room Tip: Keep driving get another motel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kearny, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We rented a room on Saturday, October 20 2012, for our son and girl friend and her 5 year old son. It was at the "Tri-State Inn" in Kingman Arizona and is located just off of Interstate Highway 40 on Beale street. It was a Queen sized double room. They are traveling / moving to another state and had been driving for quite some time. The room was $34.00 plus tax which brought it up to $40.59. Being dead tired they lay down to get some rest. It was not until waking that the girl friend found BLOOD and possible
FECES all over the inside of the bedspread that she'd be laying under! She brought it to the office immediately and they suggested and granted a refund of the room cost. This was ALL. They did not offer another clean room or even another 'clean' blanket. The desk clerk apologized and wished them a 'nice stay' for the remainder of their time there . We had plans and went out until very early in the morning. We'd wanted to watch the meteor shower which is occurring. When we arrived back at the Inn at 2 AM they had been LOCKED OUT OF THEIR ROOM with ALL OF THEIR BELONGINGS INSIDE! We went to the office to ask what was going on and were told (by a different desk clerk ~ possibly the OWNER) that "You got a refund. You take your stuff and GO!" We had not been told this earlier at all. We'd been told NOTHING other than 'have a nice stay'. The man opened the room and stood there as they gathered their belongings. They ended up staying at the very clean and affordable 'Comfort Inn' a bit up the street from these shysters! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME or get a possible SICKNESS by staying here! It's NOT WORTH the small savings.

Room Tip: stay away from tri state Inn. They are filthy rooms, and filthy people, and there really is no savi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Golden Valley, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We rented a room on Saturday, October 20 2012 for our son and daughter in law and their 5 year old son. It was a Queen sized double room. They are traveling / moving to another state and had been driving for quite some time. The room was $34.00 plus tax which brought it up to $40.59. Being dead tired they lay down to get some rest. It was not until waking that our daughter in law found BLOOD and possible FECES all over the inside of the bedspread that she'd be laying under! She brought it to the office immediately and they suggested and granted a refund of the room cost. This was ALL. They did not offer another clean room or even another 'clean' blanket. The desk clerk apologized and wished them a 'nice stay' for the remainder of their time there . We had plans and went out until very early in the morning. We'd wanted to watch the meteor shower which is occurring. When we arrived back at the Inn at 2 AM they had been LOCKED OUT OF THEIR ROOM with ALL OF THEIR BELONGINGS INSIDE! We went to the office to ask what was going on and were told that "You got a refund. You take your stuff and GO!" We had not been told this earlier at all. We'd been told NOTHING other than 'have a nice stay'. The man opened the room and stood there as they gathered their belongings. We ended up staying at the very clean and affordable 'Comfort Inn' a bit up the street from these shysters! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME or get a possible SICKNESS by staying here! It's NOT WORTH the small savings.

Room Tip: Nothing GOOD at all to say. Do not recommend to anyone.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Fire alarm missing from the wall, but good news is the wires were hanging there. Paint peeling off the walls in the bathroom. Most likely the room I stayed in has not been painted in last decade. My pillow case had burn holes in it. TV reception only worked off and on. Room smelled like cat urine. But my Mother always said to say something nice. So here goes. It had a great refrig/freezer in the room. Take my advice and keep driving. Next street over has nicer hotels.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Albuquerque, NM, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I spent overnight in this filthiest inn/motel I ever slept in.
First, on the phone he told me a different price than what I was charged when I checked in (after 12 hours driving you can't really negotiate).
Second, They didn't even vacuum the room before I come even though I called 4 hours ahead.
Third, The blanket was disgusting..I couldn't even put on. I slept over it for 1 hour then I woke up after nightmares of filth and dirt! I called them to get me another blanket and I got one that is even dirtier than the first one (it had some thing like blood spots!)...don't even think that pillows were better.
Fourth, the bathroom curtain was so dirty that when I was taking a shower I was making sure that curtain doesn't touch me.

At the end, I almost was going to sleep in my car that night...but it was freezing and I was exhausted but I slept in my own blanket and pillow (thanks God I had them with me in the car)

I even thought of washing those sheets (mattress, pillows, blanket) but they didn't have a washing machine around.

I really don't recommend this inn to anyone. Sleeping in your car is better

Room Tip: stay away from this Inn
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Tri State Inn? Share your experiences!