“HORRIBLE TERRIBLE NOT RECOMMENDED” 1 of 5 stars

Tri State Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1225 West Beale, Kingman, AZ 86401   |
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Kingman
Golden Valley, Arizona, United States
“HORRIBLE TERRIBLE NOT RECOMMENDED”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We rented a room on Saturday, October 20 2012 for our son and daughter in law and their 5 year old son. It was a Queen sized double room. They are traveling / moving to another state and had been driving for quite some time. The room was $34.00 plus tax which brought it up to $40.59. Being dead tired they lay down to get some rest. It was not until waking that our daughter in law found BLOOD and possible FECES all over the inside of the bedspread that she'd be laying under! She brought it to the office immediately and they suggested and granted a refund of the room cost. This was ALL. They did not offer another clean room or even another 'clean' blanket. The desk clerk apologized and wished them a 'nice stay' for the remainder of their time there . We had plans and went out until very early in the morning. We'd wanted to watch the meteor shower which is occurring. When we arrived back at the Inn at 2 AM they had been LOCKED OUT OF THEIR ROOM with ALL OF THEIR BELONGINGS INSIDE! We went to the office to ask what was going on and were told that "You got a refund. You take your stuff and GO!" We had not been told this earlier at all. We'd been told NOTHING other than 'have a nice stay'. The man opened the room and stood there as they gathered their belongings. We ended up staying at the very clean and affordable 'Comfort Inn' a bit up the street from these shysters! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME or get a possible SICKNESS by staying here! It's NOT WORTH the small savings.

Room Tip: Nothing GOOD at all to say. Do not recommend to anyone.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Fire alarm missing from the wall, but good news is the wires were hanging there. Paint peeling off the walls in the bathroom. Most likely the room I stayed in has not been painted in last decade. My pillow case had burn holes in it. TV reception only worked off and on. Room smelled like cat urine. But my Mother always said to say something nice. So here goes. It had a great refrig/freezer in the room. Take my advice and keep driving. Next street over has nicer hotels.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Albuquerque, NM, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I spent overnight in this filthiest inn/motel I ever slept in.
First, on the phone he told me a different price than what I was charged when I checked in (after 12 hours driving you can't really negotiate).
Second, They didn't even vacuum the room before I come even though I called 4 hours ahead.
Third, The blanket was disgusting..I couldn't even put on. I slept over it for 1 hour then I woke up after nightmares of filth and dirt! I called them to get me another blanket and I got one that is even dirtier than the first one (it had some thing like blood spots!)...don't even think that pillows were better.
Fourth, the bathroom curtain was so dirty that when I was taking a shower I was making sure that curtain doesn't touch me.

At the end, I almost was going to sleep in my car that night...but it was freezing and I was exhausted but I slept in my own blanket and pillow (thanks God I had them with me in the car)

I even thought of washing those sheets (mattress, pillows, blanket) but they didn't have a washing machine around.

I really don't recommend this inn to anyone. Sleeping in your car is better

Room Tip: stay away from this Inn
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

Our mistake for not staying at a known chain.

Admittedly only $38.00, but that was about $30.00 too much.

Threadbare sheets, screwed-up dirty little pillows, No pillow protector, so you could see "blood, sweat and tears" stains, and who knows what else !!

prepayment required (at least that meant you could leave quickly in the morning)

stay ANYWHERE else, but here. we found out later that at the othe end of town there were good chains, including Marriott.

front desk staff (family) scarcely spoke English, and had no idea where any restaurants were !!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
cheshire UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

we booked in and paid for two nights here because it was the ROUTE 66 fun run . we left some of our clothes , alcohol and food in the fridge plus toiletries and went out during the day , when we returned to the room we couldnt get in so went to the reception to tell them and told us we were only booked in for one night so showe them receipt for two nights .memmber of staff went to the room to let us in and ALL our belongings had been thrown away ,no appology was given just a refund of $35 . there were no plugs in the sink or bath and the towels were well worn and not white . Having paid $75 per night you would have expected at least it to be clean & a coffee maker in the room .would definately advice people to look elsewhere for a room .

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
winnipeg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

Looked okay from outside. Deceiving!! towels were filthy little yellowed/gray/stained thin rags. My floor rags at home are cleaner! Bed spread was suspect! I put my jacket over my pillow to sleep on it. Couldn't wait for morning to get out of there! Room grimy! Couldn't bring myself to sit on the chairs. We were too tired to drive further. 2 barrels of garbage outside our door, spilling over, strewn all over the walkway. Didn't know that if we had just driven a couple more blocks into town would have found respectable motel/hotels!! Wish I had taken photos

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas Nv
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

We get a room here every year when the laughlin run is going on,we never had any problems,the owner has been very kind to us,we plan to go back again,it's a cheaper motel not a high price hotel so u get what u paid for ...

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple