“Dump” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Route 66 Motel

Route 66 Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kingman
Route 66 Motel
2939 E Andy Devine Ave, Kingman, AZ 86401-4204   |
Ranked #16 of 25 hotels in Kingman
“Dump”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

This was disgusting... We were traveling with frends and had two rooms which were equally terrible. After paying a twenty five dollar deposit for our dog, I would not let her sleep on the carpet. The mattress is completely worn out as are the pillows, curtains, door locks, etc. etc. Do NOT rent a room without looking at it first. You will be sorry...

• Stayed November 2012

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
pacific northwest
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

I like to stay away from chain motels in general but after staying at this place I decided that there is a good reason to stay at them, and for the remainder of this trip I only stayed at Motel 6. It wasn't any cheaper to stay at this place than at a Motel 6 and at least they are predictable, and in my experience clean and functional.

Basically the room was a dump. Tired, dirty, and worn. Smelly and torn bedspread that had to come off the bed in order to sleep. Almost impossible to get the sliding glass entry door to shut. The bathroom was funky.

It was really late when I got there and I needed to get some sleep so I didn't look at the room before paying, and was just too tired to do anything about it after I got into the room. I cleared out as early as possible the next morning.

If you choose to stay here for some reason, maybe lured by the nostalgic name and sign like I was, absolutely ask to look at the room you will be staying in before paying. Maybe yours will be better than mine was, and it would be hard for a room not to be better than the one I stayed in.
Be warned.

Room Tip: I stayed in the outside room at the back. I would not recommend this one.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

I landed at this place by accident during our roadtrip coz. of a snow storm (I know - totally unheard off in the month of dec.). Very very courteous staff (the owner and his wife) and exceptional coffee+danish in the morning. On the reception there is a small gift shop where you can buy Route 66 memorabilia. The only negative point was due to full capacity on that one long night hot water was running slow. Other than that a great value proposition for travelers on their way to Grand Canyon.

Don't forget to visit Roadkill Cafe when you are here.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

Very friendly staff - the lady who owns it also runs it and runs the large Route 66 memorabilia shop next door. Goes out of her way to make sure you are having a good stay. Nice pool - sliding glass doors into the rooms. The place is old and could probably use some upkeep - but it is clean, safe, and comfortable. Enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Route 66 Motel? Share your experiences!