“Desperate for sleep but disappointed with hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Kingman West

You added Motel 6 Kingman West to your Saves list
Motel 6 Kingman West
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   424 W Beale St, I-40/US Hwy 93 at Exit 48/W Beale St, Kingman, AZ 86401   |
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Kingman
isawoman
“Desperate for sleep but disappointed with hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed here because traveling wind conditions were bad. We just wanted to sleep. We did get that. But at check in I was frustrated we found out we had to pay for wifi when all other hotels on street for same price offer it. The lights in the bathroom made a loud noise so took a shower in the dark. No shampoo or conditioner-not even those cheap ones. Bathtub was "clean" but really needed scrubbing. No place to put anything in bathroom. Not even a toilet lid. It smelled like grandmas attic. the grounds were dirty as was the pool. I am not a germ freak but I don't like sticky stuff everywhere and trash all over the parking lot. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe the bad wind did it? I did have a quiet place to sleep with an ok bed. So it served the purpose. There were four of us and we got a bed, a shower and water cups for $11.00 each. I will tip the cleaning lady cause she will clean up after us and she was very kind to my son. BUT we will be in Arizona for the week and I don't plan on any other Motel 6.

Room Tip: get a room toward the back for quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is the 2nd experience with "motel 6". I had a really good stay with the 1st one in El Reno, OK, so I chose this motel around the area. This one is cheaper than the 1st one, actually one of the cheapest around the area. Outside of the building looked old but inside of the room looked relatively new and very clean. The room is the most spacious room that I have ever stayed among all motels in the USA. However, the restroom is propotionally small compared to the entire room. I liked a lot the room and the bed. Unlike the 1st motel in El Reno, there is no fridge and no microwave in this room. So, smaller restroom, and no fridge, no microwave are the reason why I rated this room for 4 stars. I stayed here during off-season so the price is really cheap. It's a good deal! I would come back here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on our way to Phoenix. Nice location, outer appearance. Inside is aged but clean. Bed is comfy and soft. I'll never understand why all Motel 6s I've been to charge 2.99 for WiFi. At 45.99 most other hotels or motels have it for free. Other than that great place!

• Stayed December 2012
Pecatonica, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I guess I should not expect much for $43, would it have cost much to clean the tub? There are many liabilities here and precious few assets. Assets: the price, back up to the door... Ok the liabilities: Old furniture, hard beds, small TV, slow internet, noisy squeaky air, no breakfast, dirty bathroom and stained sheets.
You have to pay for your slow internet and then you can only have one device using it at a time. My wife’s cat allergies kicked in. No, it was not a good night and we cannot imagine how this place garnered a 3.5.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Rowlett, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I arrived here in the wee hours of the morning without a reservation but as accommodated efficiently by a very pleasant night clerk.

My room was surprisingly large (for a Motel 6) which suggested that this property had been converted to the Motel 6 brand. My room was apparently a disabled room, although I did not ask for one, which meant that it was laid out in a manner to accommodate a wheelchair - and that was done nicely. The bathroom was large and clean, with ample room for a wheelchair to maneuver. Climate control was a wall mounted heat/air unit which worked just fine.

While very clean, the room did have noticeable wear and tear, reflecting its age, but even so, it was overall in decent condition.

The motel is near a main railroad line, and, at check in, the hotel does have posted a somewhat humorous disclosure of this fact, since trains can and do pass through at all hours, and the do blow their horns. Those who have trouble dealing with periodic train noise might find themselves more comfortable elsewhere, but the noise didn't bother me, and I thought it reflected well on the motel's management that they would alert their guests before they checked in.

The hotel is conveniently located right off of I-40 at the US-93 exit, south side, about 100 miles from Las Vegas and 30 miles from Boulder City/Laughlin.

Overall - it's a reasonably cheap place to stay, very basic, but comfortable and clean. I would stay here again.

If you're over 60, request the senior rate for a 10% discount off of the posted room rates. Wi-fi is available at $2.99/day extra.

Room Tip: Train noise is probably unavoidable no matter what room you get.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The trains are NOT that noisy. The rooms are clean and your pet stays free. This is the better of the two motel 6 in town and is right across the parking lot from family dining. Linda was able to get me in early and they give you a pet bag with a treat. The front desk ladies have always been funny and courteous to me. Anyone that rates a place based on what THEY perceive as the intelligence of the help working minimum wage jobs should be embarrassed because of their rudeness. No wonder some raters get treated poorly. Perhaps you deserve it.

We stay in a room close to a tree so we can sit under it and relax if the weather is nice.
There is a small dog park in town down and around the Route 66 road by the information center. Nothing close to the hotel allows pets.

The room is clean and the ac works fine. This is an economy motel. What do people expect? Thick towels and bath supplies? Upscale furnishings? Micro and refrig? Go pay more at a better motel.Your pet stays free and that saves $15-$25 in non refundable deposits. Get out of the room and explore the city. Go up into the cool Hualapai Mountains on a $5 day pass.Eat out with the money you save. Motel 6 is a place for people that do not want to vegetate in their rooms. You cannot beat the rates nor the convenience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

cheap and fine for a stop over on the way somewhere, pool closed but that was due to the weather, not enough towels - 2 small ones for 2 guests is not enough! Everything else fine just a little run down.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Kingman West? Share your experiences!