“Nice place to stop” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Kingman
Tucson, Arizona
“Nice place to stop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We were traveling through Kingman about 9:00 p.m. and decided to stop here.

Kingman is a railway town. No avoiding it. (For you history buffs, it is the site of a railway fire that had the greatest loss of life in Arizona.) More than 100 trains a day pass through town (average: 4-5 an hout). If you hate the sound of trains, you won't want to be ANYWHERE in Kingman.

We don't care... we love trains and whistles in the middle of the night.

The motel is a no frills affair. The managers are friendly enough, and they went out of their way to make sure that we had enough ice and anything else that we'd need.

The air conditioning was noisy. Then again, back when we were kids in the 50's and 60's air conditioning was *always* loud.

We would stop here again. The family that runs it is worth the visit. However, if you really adore plastic hotels and are in general demanding (even if you say you're not), keep on driving. You're not human enough for a place like this.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Haifa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

You don't have to spend the time more than passing here the night for tomorrows activity. I guess this place has no intentions to be more than that and it's absolutely OK.
I did so in my way from Las Vegas towards the Southern rim of the Grand Canyon. So I just stopped here for the night and it was only after I entered the room that I realized the train tracks are at the other side of the road. I was too tired for letting it disturb my sleep and I was more frustrated that the wireless was out of rang so I ended up having my laptop on the reception's front desk in order to have some communications... Meanwhile, I had a nice chat with the owner's son who will (probably) replace the hardware, at least for having his front desk free for other customers to come in… :-) Other than that, I have no complaint, maybe the past criticism here made things better during my visit ?

The real Rose, however, was found in the Dambar steak house restaurant which is 3 minutes drive up the hill - Thank you so much Mrs. Ramblin' Rose for letting me know about this restaurant, it was awesome!

Room Tip: If the wirless gear wasn't replaced by now, ask for a room near the front dest office. If you...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

We came into town after dark and looked for a cheap but clean hotel. Rambling Rose sounded good and looked ok. It is old and dated but it has what you need, clean sheets, clean bathroom and a TV to distract the kids. At $80 it was a little expensive for 3 people and the air conditioner was noisy but we hardly noticed since we pulled in late and left early.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Tokyo, Japan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

This hotel is located just next to the railway.
The trains keep running all through the night with big big horn.
IMPOSSIBLE TO SLEEP !!!
I definitely NOT recommend you to stay this hotel.
You will never able to sleep!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

The accommodation itself is fine for a cheap motel, but the location is terrible. Around a dozen trains passed between 10pm and 7am and they all sound their horns for six long bursts as they approach the nearby crossing. It was a very sleepless night.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

My fiance and I stayed at the rambling rose on a late night on our way to vegas. We understand this is a budget motel but we also expect at minumum that the room is clean.

We got in late at night and checked in with a woman who was almost as pleasant as a toothache and no empty spots to park our car. We dealt with it and figured it out. We walked across the parking lot to out room to realize the main lights were burnt out and the room smelled like an ashtray (we booked nonsmoking). We decided we would deal. The pillows were smelly and stained and I couldn't bring myself to lay my head on it. The blaankets were stained all over....the worst part is that we were itchy, like intensly itchy. We ended up sitting in the chairs and talking for a few hours until we went to take a shower....no towels in our room. Had to go get towels to take a shower in the most disgusting shower ever.

Point being...just stay somewhere else. This is the most repulsive motel...ever.

There are plenty other budget hotels in this area check in to one of them instead.

• Stayed May 2011
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

To say this place has seen better days is a huge understatement. A couple of miles from I-40, this hotel looks terrible, needs paint, and new fixtures, but nevertheless, everything (the tv, ac, hot water) worked. The place was clean and quiet (although the a/c was a bit noisy). The best part was the blazing fast free wi-fi (password required). It was the fastest, best wi-fi I’ve ever experienced at a hotel. The service at the front desk was not very friendly, and the total (room rate + taxes) was rounded UP by a couple of bucks. That said, it was an easy, inexpensive place to stay while on a road trip across Arizona.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramblin Rose Motel? Share your experiences!