“Incompetant service and dirty showers” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Riverside Sun Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Vanderbijlpark
Riverside Sun Resort
You added Riverside Sun Resort to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cnr. Wenning & Emfuleni Drive, Vanderbijlpark 1900, South Africa (Formerly Riverside Lifestyle Resort)   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Vanderbijlpark
JHB
“Incompetant service and dirty showers”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have a standard booking with this hotel and every week they seem to get confused with my business needs. I would like the rooms with a desk and desk light - how difficult do you think this could be? 30minutes later and I finally got a suitable room..

The showers have poor temperature control and the grim! Rather don't look down when you shower as there was so much grim stuck into the shower door frame in my room last week - honestly this establishment is an embarrassment.

The dinner is another true treasure, where the chefs come out the kitchen add things to the plates off the buffet .. and when the person whose meal gets delivered and they don't want the apple sauce for their chops the chef merrily decants it and puts in back into the main buffet dish. I wonder what else gets recycled in the kitchen?

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Herman M, General Manager at Riverside Sun Resort, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for sharing your frustrations with us. We strive to deliver only the best possible services and facilities to all our guests at all times and sincerely apologize for failing you in this regard.

We have noted your special request on our reservation system to ensure all possibilities are considered and exhausted in allocating the appropriate room for your future visits. We are committed to providing you with the highest level of satisfaction.

We are glad to report that the fluxuation in water temperature has been addressed and the necessary equipment replaced to avoid this discomfort in the future.

We share all guest feedback with our staff and be assured your comments have been discussed with the relevant departments and corrective actions have already been taken

Kindly do accept our sincere apologies again, we look forward welcoming you back to Riverside Sun.

Herman Muller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Sasolburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We opted for the buffet in the evening. The spread was good and well prepared. The atmosphere was pleasant but the bar service appears to be rather slow. The so called security at the gate would not put off a very determined criminal.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your feedback and recognition to our kitchen brigade. We are delighted to share that we are in the process of improving our food delivery even further with the introduction of new equipment and menu items being implemented over the next couple of weeks.

We apologize for the slow bar service which has been addressed to ensure our usual quick and friendly service is maintained.

We shared your comment with our security provider to ensure due diligence and vigilance.

Your time appreciated

Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The staff morale is very very low. Management is not recognizing this or is just ignoring it. The 1st day I got to the room there was un-cleaned spew in the basin and no toilet paper. Besides the reception staff which has only one person servicing up to 3 clients every time I pass there all other stuff are only at work to collect a pay cheque. E.G. Barman John had an attitude. The manager counting money next to him had an attitude. He thought I did not understand the language. He said the stock is down at the pool bar so there is nobody to go fetch it. Room service is still bringing my bucket of ice till today. The breakfast area nobody takes you to a seat. I get an empty seat just to find that it was occupied so you try another till you find one that is not. The rest of the hotel was fine and the stay was fantastic.

Room Tip: The higher you are the worst the view. Too many trees.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Herman M, General Manager at Riverside Sun Resort, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your feedback we view all guest comments in a most serious light and some of your comments deeply concerns us and are in direct contrast to our objectives.

We sincerely apologize for your experiences and observations and assure you that it has been addressed with the individual to ensure a better understanding of how staff behaviour affects guest satisfaction levels.

We delighted that you did enjoy the rest of your stay despite your disappointments and appreciate the high rating scores on these components, thank you

Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

First of all the signage directing to the hotel is inadequate for a hotel that should be one of a kind especially in that part of Gauteng. The carpet is filthy everywhere. The room that was allocated to me was not the one that I requested during my booking. Food that was I ordered on room service was burnt and we were supplied with a cutlery set for one person instead of two people since we ordered two meals.

I requested for the 2013 TV guide in the night of check in and I was told that they were not delivered yet in the morning I saw one from the ladies that were cleaning the rooms. At breakfast, hot milk ran out and I requested for it from one of the waitresses and she told me that someone will bring it to my table and I was kept waiting for 15 minutes and it never arrived. The Towels were not clean they had a funky smell and we didn't receive the bath o shower gel in my room. The room had dust and it one could smell cigarette smoke.

I must say i was very disappointed with the service I received and the quality of the hotel. This should be a hotel of a class of its own especially considering its location and that there's nothing similar to it in Gauteng. An upgrade is required for this hotel. Dirty carpets from the foyer are a no go for a hotel in the Tsogo Sun Group. I've never seen such in all the hotels that I had visited in the Tsogo Sun group.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your feedback it is much appreciated as we analyse all guest comments to ensure we continuously improve our services and facilities.

We apologize most sincerely that you did not experience what we strive to deliver. Our objective is for all our clients to leave with fond memories only and we failed ourselves and you in this regard.

We shared your comments with all the relevant managers and corrective steps have been taken to ensure a repeat of such incidents do not occur again.

We appreciate your time and kindly do accept our apology with the sincerity it has been send

South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We had an amazing time at the resort. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. Great space for kids to play and be cared for.

My kids always insist that we stay at Tsogo Sun establishments. They associate it with good times and precious memories. According to them the Riverside is the best one of the lot.

Will visit soon again.

The Awesome Family Dhani

Room Tip: Make sure you book a river view room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your time and recognition of our efforts to ensure all our guests leave with fond memories.

We are delighted that you as a family and in particularly your kids enjoy our services and facilities and look forward welcoming you back soon.

Your positive comments are shared with all our staff and your contribution to our processes of staff recognition highly appreciated.

Your Truly
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This was our first time in this resort. The rooms are really good, spacious and beds are really nice. The rooms are great overall but room service is really slow and takes ages to even bring 2 plastic boxes. If not out there for adventure ( speedboating, fishing), then your stay will be pretty boring. The only things there are is a swimming pool, kids play area and a spa. There is a beach volleyball place but if you don't have a ball and some people you can't play. Also, I did not spot a soccer and cricket pitch as it says on the website. Our stay was supposed to be for 3 nights but we canceled it to 1 night because we were bored. The TV's don't have many channels, so unless you get your own books, IPads etc., you will have sit and wait till lunch or dinner. The food is great ( a southern sun tradition) and I have no complaints and I can give it a 5. So it is a great hotel but you will be bored to death. Overall it's a OK resort but I wouldn't push my stay to more than 2 or 3
days.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Midrand, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Nothing major to talk about, your standard hotel with facilities. Friendly staff, childcare options so you can relax, nice riverview. Good variety breakfast buffet and they try and keep the children intertained.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Riverside Sun Resort? Share your experiences!