“Honesty of staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Faircity Quatermain Hotel

You added Faircity Quatermain Hotel to your Saves list
Faircity Quatermain Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   60 West Road South, Morningside, Sandton 2057, South Africa   |
Ranked #14 of 47 Hotels in Sandton
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Honesty of staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

My wife and I stayed in a suite for 2 nights at a great price (2nd-4th December 2011). The suite is what you would expect from a classy hotel very comfortable and huge in size. Off from the sitting room is a private patio which was great to sit in while you read and just chill. The breakfast was good and served in pleasant surroundings.When it was time to go home and after a 5 hour trip I realised I had left my watch in the room.I phoned the hotel and they found it in the safe I thought I had lost it but was glad to hear that it was found. Because of my experience with this hotel I would go back gladly.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
RhysQTM, Manager at Faircity Quatermain Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Good Day Richard.

Thank you for the wonderful reply. We feel we have a fantastic team of staff and I am glad that this has shone through for you. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and hope your next stay will be as enjoyable.

Kind regards and Warm wishes.

Faircity Quatermain Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

I've visited the hotel on 5 occasions this year, staying for a week at a time, and I have absolutely no complaints. The service has been exceptional at all times, and the staff are friendly and always willing to go the extra mile.

In addition to staying at the hotel, we made use of the conference facilities for the week, as well as buffet lunches and dinners. Conference facilities is what is expected of a conference facility, and the lunch & dinner menus were varied daily, and got you going up for seconds.

All in all, possibly the best hotel I've been too.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the pool
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
RhysQTM, Manager at Faircity Quatermain Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2011
Good day.

Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you are a return visitor. We hope to see you again in the future and that we will continue to provide excellent service to you. Wishing you the very best for the holidays and 2012

Warm regards and best wishes
Faircity Quatermain Team
Perth, Western Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

I think this hotel can't be beaten in Sandton for it's price and level of service. The location is great, being not too far from anything in Sandton. The rooms are clean, service is great and friendly and the food is good. The provision of free wi-fi was greatly appreciated. The general amenities such as the gym and pool were also very adequate. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends staying in Johannesburg.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
RhysQTM, Manager at Faircity Quatermain Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Good day.

I would like to thank you for your kind review. We appreciate feedback from our guests. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future. Wishing you all the best from the Quatermain Team

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I've been staying here on business for 5 years (not continuously, obviously). I stay for a week or so, about 3 times a year. For a city hotel in this price bracket, this is my favourite hotel anywhere.

Located close enough to Sandton to be close to the action and yet remarkably tranquil. My work takes me out and about all across Jo'burg and returning here at the end of the day is like coming home. Also good food, friendly service, spotlessly clean, free Wi-Fi, spacious rooms, plenty of "public" areas to sit and work/read etc. and a decent gym.

One word of caution though; this hotel polarises people. One or two of my colleagues who've stayed here have found it too quiet and quite claustrophobic. I suppose it's a matter of personal taste. If you're a Marriot type of person and want nothing but a typical business hotel experience, then it's probably not for you. If you like stepping out of your room, breathing fresh air and seeing grass and trees, then it probably is. Personally, I find it a refreshing change to cookie-cutter corporate hotels.

I've not reviewed the Quatermain before because I'm selfish and didn't want to spread the word. However my conscience has got the better of me after 5 years!

Room Tip: Sorry, keeping this to myself!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
RhysQTM, Guest Relations Manager at Faircity Quatermain Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Good day.

I would like to thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am very glad to hear that you are one of our regulars.

We appreciate all our regulars and when you are with us next please feel free to ask for me at reception as I like to meet our regulars and introduce myself and the Management of the hotel.

Again thank you kindly

Cape Town
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I stay at this hotel on bussiness every month and find the quality of the rooms outstanding and the service from the staff is excellent

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
RhysQTM, Guest Relations Manager at Faircity Quatermain Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Good day.

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate all feed back we receive from our guests. It is very nice to know that you are a return guest and we hope to see you again soon.

Warmest regards

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

I only stayed for one night on business but after getting in late and tired from the flight, this hotel was a pleasant suprise. Not too expensive, nice room, good service with fine food. Recommended.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
RhysQTM, Guest Relations Manager at Faircity Quatermain Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2011
Good Day.

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your support and hope to see you again in the future.

Wishing you all the best

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

We got caught up the snow debacle in London, and so we arrived a day late for our 1 night stay in the hotel. While stranded in another country, I was able to speak to the reservations department in the hotel and they were happy to change our reservation to the following day without charge. We were taken aback by this offer and appreciated it.

But we didn't get to spend long at the Hotel because we arrived at midnight thanks to our flight arriving late at night and an early flight the following morning which meant that we missed breakfast.

The aircon in the room was a godsend and the shower was very good.

Maybe next time we'll spend more than 5 hours there!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
RhysQTM, Guest Relations Manager at Faircity Quatermain Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
Good day.

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are always very happy to help our guests with their requests particularly when we understand the circumstances. It is unfortunate you were unable to stay with us for longer but hope that in your travels you will keep us in mind.

As always we are here for you. Even if you do not stay with us, pop in for a coffee and say hello.

Wishing you all the best in your travel experiences and hope to see you soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Faircity Quatermain Hotel? Share your experiences!