“A well priced, great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Faircity Quatermain Hotel

Save Saved
You added Faircity Quatermain Hotel to your Saves list
Faircity Quatermain Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   60 West Road South, Morningside, Sandton 2057, South Africa   |
Ranked #11 of 44 hotels in Sandton
Perth, Western Australia
“A well priced, great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

I think this hotel can't be beaten in Sandton for it's price and level of service. The location is great, being not too far from anything in Sandton. The rooms are clean, service is great and friendly and the food is good. The provision of free wi-fi was greatly appreciated. The general amenities such as the gym and pool were also very adequate. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends staying in Johannesburg.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
RhysQTM, Manager at Faircity Quatermain Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Good day.

I would like to thank you for your kind review. We appreciate feedback from our guests. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future. Wishing you all the best from the Quatermain Team

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I've been staying here on business for 5 years (not continuously, obviously). I stay for a week or so, about 3 times a year. For a city hotel in this price bracket, this is my favourite hotel anywhere.

Located close enough to Sandton to be close to the action and yet remarkably tranquil. My work takes me out and about all across Jo'burg and returning here at the end of the day is like coming home. Also good food, friendly service, spotlessly clean, free Wi-Fi, spacious rooms, plenty of "public" areas to sit and work/read etc. and a decent gym.

One word of caution though; this hotel polarises people. One or two of my colleagues who've stayed here have found it too quiet and quite claustrophobic. I suppose it's a matter of personal taste. If you're a Marriot type of person and want nothing but a typical business hotel experience, then it's probably not for you. If you like stepping out of your room, breathing fresh air and seeing grass and trees, then it probably is. Personally, I find it a refreshing change to cookie-cutter corporate hotels.

I've not reviewed the Quatermain before because I'm selfish and didn't want to spread the word. However my conscience has got the better of me after 5 years!

Room Tip: Sorry, keeping this to myself!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
RhysQTM, Guest Relations Manager at Faircity Quatermain Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Good day.

I would like to thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am very glad to hear that you are one of our regulars.

We appreciate all our regulars and when you are with us next please feel free to ask for me at reception as I like to meet our regulars and introduce myself and the Management of the hotel.

Again thank you kindly

Cape Town
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I stay at this hotel on bussiness every month and find the quality of the rooms outstanding and the service from the staff is excellent

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
RhysQTM, Guest Relations Manager at Faircity Quatermain Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Good day.

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate all feed back we receive from our guests. It is very nice to know that you are a return guest and we hope to see you again soon.

Warmest regards

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

I only stayed for one night on business but after getting in late and tired from the flight, this hotel was a pleasant suprise. Not too expensive, nice room, good service with fine food. Recommended.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
RhysQTM, Guest Relations Manager at Faircity Quatermain Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2011
Good Day.

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your support and hope to see you again in the future.

Wishing you all the best

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

We got caught up the snow debacle in London, and so we arrived a day late for our 1 night stay in the hotel. While stranded in another country, I was able to speak to the reservations department in the hotel and they were happy to change our reservation to the following day without charge. We were taken aback by this offer and appreciated it.

But we didn't get to spend long at the Hotel because we arrived at midnight thanks to our flight arriving late at night and an early flight the following morning which meant that we missed breakfast.

The aircon in the room was a godsend and the shower was very good.

Maybe next time we'll spend more than 5 hours there!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
RhysQTM, Guest Relations Manager at Faircity Quatermain Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
Good day.

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are always very happy to help our guests with their requests particularly when we understand the circumstances. It is unfortunate you were unable to stay with us for longer but hope that in your travels you will keep us in mind.

As always we are here for you. Even if you do not stay with us, pop in for a coffee and say hello.

Wishing you all the best in your travel experiences and hope to see you soon.

Guest Relations Manager
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

Only booked a month or so before the World Cup due to an itinerary change. The staff were easy to deal with and friendly. The hotel is boutique in style and feel but modern in operations. The location is good, being 'suburban', but secure and near to downtown Sandton (5mins drive). The included breakfast was good and the room was spacious even for 2 adult males. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Jane P, Front Office Manager at Faircity Quatermain Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Lipaustralia,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Faircity Quatermain on Tripadvisor!
Since August 2011 we have been under new ownership and we hope you will come back to visit us soon.

Jane Patterson
On behalf of Faircity Quatermain Management
kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

Please keep your money with you at all times here, or use the safe. Housekeeping came to my room while I was at breakfast and stole money from my bag. This hotel seemed honest and a safe place to stay, but they saw me taking a long breakfast and decided to strike. I did not expect room service to come so early. The manager promised to investigate but we never heard a word back from them.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Jane P, Front Office Manager at Faircity Quatermain Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear jksKansas,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Tripadvisor. We appreciate all reviews, both positive and negative as all feedback helps us to improve our service. Please accept my humble apologies for your poor experience that you had when you stayed here in 2010.
In August 2011 the hotels changed ownership & Management and are now part of the Faircity group. I hope that when you are next in Johannesburg you will give us another chance to impress you.

Jane Patterson on behalf of Faircity Quatermain Management

Been to Faircity Quatermain Hotel? Share your experiences!