“The photos don't lie” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Faircity Falstaff Hotel

You added Faircity Falstaff Hotel to your Saves list
Faircity Falstaff Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   223 Rivonia Road | Morningside, Sandton, Sandton 2128, South Africa   |
Ranked #16 of 47 Hotels in Sandton
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“The photos don't lie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed here two nights ago....reception, bar and restaurant staff very friendly and helpful. Room was lovely.Great value for money compared to Australia. Cannot comment on location as we don't know the J'burg area well and were only staying one night

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jaco S, Manager at Faircity Falstaff Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Andrea B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to rate our lovely hotel. We appreciate your comments about our hotel, its facilities and value for money.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel should you return to Johannesburg again.

Yours in hospitality,

Faircity Falstaff Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Good place. Nice rooms, good food and easy to access wi-fi. Centrally located. Need more iron for business guests. Friendly staff and pleasant outside pool deck. Safe and secure parking. Not for families with kids.

• Stayed March 2013
Jaco S, Manager at Faircity Falstaff Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Ysuf K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to rate our hotel on Tripadvisor. We appreciate feedback from our valued guests at all times.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful hotel and its facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here before and it was always OK. However this time the experience was below par. The aircon had only one speed -fullblast, as a light sleeper this was a big problem, it was a warm evening I couldn't open the window as some other electrical motor was even louder coming from the other side of the swimming pool. Could not move to another room as hotel apparently full and staff could fix the aircon.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jaco S, Manager at Faircity Falstaff Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Stuart B,

Firstly, thank you for your review and feedback on our hotel.

We have taken your comments up with the Maintenance departments to ensure that this does not recur. We apologise for the inconvenience experienced as we could not find an airconditioner technician at night. We will gladly move any guest if we experience any thechnical problems, but unfortunately, if the hotel is running full, this cannot be done.

We do also hope to welcome you back to our hotel one day.

Durban, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

You cannot really fault this hotel. It is central, clean, comfortable. However the experience we had was not cheerful. Reception cold, bar cold, dining experience cold. I have found this to be a basic experience without any warmth and compared with overseas prices and performances (never mind South African ) overated. Also, the outdoor trafic can be a factor is you want to open the windows. Aircon is noisy and pointing straight at the bed, so cover up !

Room Tip: rather try the Quartermain one street down, it must be quieter at least.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Monique C, Manager at Faircity Falstaff Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear andresonville,

Firstly, thank you for your review and feedback on our hotel.

We have taken your comments up with the relevant service departments to ensure that these issues do not recur.

We do also hope to welcome you back to our beautiful hotel one day.

Brasov, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I spent only two days and after Kruger park others two days since I took a longer circuit in South Africa. A very good breakfast. Friendly staff, but everyone is moving very slowly for a rush tourist.
It hasn't rooms for smokers.
An outdoor pool small but clean.
A beautifully landscaped interior garden.

Room Tip: higher floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear adi035,

Thank you very much for taking the time to rate our hotel on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted that you enjoyed our beautiful hotel and its grounds.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

When I stayed in Morningside before it was always at the Quatermaine (the sister hotel just around the corner). But, there have been staff movements and guess what? I get my 2 poached eggs on 1 brown without asking - same cook. I get my decaf straight away - same waitress. A chocolate appears on my pillow every day - same housekeeping. Same smile every time I go past reception and same greeting at the entrance - same receptionist and same concierge. Would I go back to the Quatermaine again? What for - my South African family is here at the Falstaff. Quiet, clean, excellent food and drink, central to the universe - what more could you want when you have put in a hard day at the office?

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra for a suite, especially if you are spending GBP or $US
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jane P, Front Office Manager at Faircity Falstaff Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear AndyKirk,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Faircity Falstaff on TripAdvisor!
We appreciate all feedback from our guests and even more so from our regular guests!

The restaurant at the Faircity Falstaff, Le Petit Sel, was taken over by the owner of the Quatermain Restaurant (Coco Reinarhz) just over a year ago which is why the faces are all familiar to our Quatermain clients! As with the hotel staff, the restaurant staff now work at both properties.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time at the Falstaff and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Jane Patterson on behalf of Faircity Falstaff Management
East London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Pure class from the foyer, to the room to the food, the service, my word!! I have never felt so special at breakfast, I am grumpy morning person, but they got me out of my funk with the greeting, just being noticed is amazing sometimes. The breakfast goes on for hours, make the time, there is a lot to think about in that buffet, I certainly took my time!

You are not far away from Oxford Road but yet you are far enough to feel protected, hidden, away from the maddening crowds. There is an upmarket shopping centre up the road at the intersection, you can walk there if you like for a different meal if you feel closed up in the hotel. I really loved this place!

I ordered room service and they had big conference so the order took long and I decided to cancel, the next thing I knew there was a man on my door with a plate of food (no charge) to "comfort" me and apologise for the misunderstanding, this is why I am booked to stay with them for 14 days in my next trip to Jo'burg.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jane P, Front Office Manager at Faircity Falstaff Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear liyabee,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give the faircity Falstaff this wonderful review on Trip Advisor! We are thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

On your next stay please do ask for Jaco Steyn our General Manager or myself as we would very much like to meet you!

Kind regards,
Jane Patterson on behalf of Faircity Falstaff Management.

Been to Faircity Falstaff Hotel? Share your experiences!