“a good hotel for 4*” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Faircity Falstaff Hotel

Save Saved
You added Faircity Falstaff Hotel to your Saves list
Faircity Falstaff Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   223 Rivonia Road | Morningside, Sandton, Sandton 2128, South Africa   |
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Sandton
Brasov, Romania
“a good hotel for 4*”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I spent only two days and after Kruger park others two days since I took a longer circuit in South Africa. A very good breakfast. Friendly staff, but everyone is moving very slowly for a rush tourist.
It hasn't rooms for smokers.
An outdoor pool small but clean.
A beautifully landscaped interior garden.

Room Tip: higher floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Monique C, Manager at Faircity Falstaff Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear adi035,

Thank you very much for taking the time to rate our hotel on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted that you enjoyed our beautiful hotel and its grounds.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Faircity Falstaff Management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

When I stayed in Morningside before it was always at the Quatermaine (the sister hotel just around the corner). But, there have been staff movements and guess what? I get my 2 poached eggs on 1 brown without asking - same cook. I get my decaf straight away - same waitress. A chocolate appears on my pillow every day - same housekeeping. Same smile every time I go past reception and same greeting at the entrance - same receptionist and same concierge. Would I go back to the Quatermaine again? What for - my South African family is here at the Falstaff. Quiet, clean, excellent food and drink, central to the universe - what more could you want when you have put in a hard day at the office?

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra for a suite, especially if you are spending GBP or $US
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jane P, Front Office Manager at Faircity Falstaff Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear AndyKirk,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Faircity Falstaff on TripAdvisor!
We appreciate all feedback from our guests and even more so from our regular guests!

The restaurant at the Faircity Falstaff, Le Petit Sel, was taken over by the owner of the Quatermain Restaurant (Coco Reinarhz) just over a year ago which is why the faces are all familiar to our Quatermain clients! As with the hotel staff, the restaurant staff now work at both properties.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time at the Falstaff and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Jane Patterson on behalf of Faircity Falstaff Management
East London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Pure class from the foyer, to the room to the food, the service, my word!! I have never felt so special at breakfast, I am grumpy morning person, but they got me out of my funk with the greeting, just being noticed is amazing sometimes. The breakfast goes on for hours, make the time, there is a lot to think about in that buffet, I certainly took my time!

You are not far away from Oxford Road but yet you are far enough to feel protected, hidden, away from the maddening crowds. There is an upmarket shopping centre up the road at the intersection, you can walk there if you like for a different meal if you feel closed up in the hotel. I really loved this place!

I ordered room service and they had big conference so the order took long and I decided to cancel, the next thing I knew there was a man on my door with a plate of food (no charge) to "comfort" me and apologise for the misunderstanding, this is why I am booked to stay with them for 14 days in my next trip to Jo'burg.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jane P, Front Office Manager at Faircity Falstaff Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear liyabee,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give the faircity Falstaff this wonderful review on Trip Advisor! We are thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

On your next stay please do ask for Jaco Steyn our General Manager or myself as we would very much like to meet you!

New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed at the Falstaf around ten years ago and loved it so much that I stopped in Johannesburg en route to Nairobi especially so I could come back to the Falstaff. It is still the most homely and comfortable place I have ever stayed in, and I have stayed in some of the best places in the world.

The staff were welcoming, the premises just lovely, my room divine, the extra little touches like the smellies in my room, everything made to keep this as one of my all time favourites. Dont come if you want glitz. This is a very "genuine" place, with real people and all the comforts of a very nice home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Jane P, Front Office Manager at Faircity Falstaff Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear poohtravel,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give the Faircity Falstaff such a wonderful Trip Advisor review!

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoy our hotel and our "Home from Home" atmosphere and that you stopped past our wonderful city just to visit us again! We hope to see you again soon and when you are next here please do ask for myself or our General Manager as we would love to meet you!

Castle Douglas, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Staying here for a month whilst on a course. The rooms modern and well appointed with comfortable beds. The staff are pleasant and go out of their way to help. There is free wifi thorough the hotel and a hotel shuttle to the local stations. The restaurant is very good and the there is a splendid breakfast. There is also a pool.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jane P, Front Office Manager at Faircity Falstaff Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Iain Y

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Faircity Falstaff on Trip Advisor!
We greatly value all feedback and are very pleased to hear that you are enjoying your stay with us!

Jane Patterson on behalf of Faircity Falstaff Management
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

This is my first choice when saying in Jo'burg. I have stayed at the Falstaff couple of times and always everything was simply perfect. clean rooms, friendly satff, splendid breakfast and a great reastaurant.
I am a frequent traveller, spending on average 2 - 4 nights a week in hotels and always looking for a boutique type of hotel like the Falstaff and not one of the big international hotel chains...
Was recommend this one couple of years ago by a friend and will never go elsewhere - if only the Falstaff is available. I think I like it even more then their second one - the quartermain...

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jane P, Front Office Manager at Faircity Falstaff Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Michalt74,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Falstaff on Trip Advisor!
We value all feedback we receive and are very pleased that you are one of our regular guests and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Often stay here for a night per week and far prefer to its sister hotel the quatermain. Yes people are not mad about the hill to the parking but I find this hotel has rooms exactly the same as the quatermain, they are not so spread out and the food is just as good. Try the beef prime rib. Less expensive than most hotels and whilst adjoining Rivonia road it is hardly heard. Would recommend anytime

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jane P, Front Office Manager at Faircity Falstaff Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear tnick48,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Falstaff on Trip Advisor!
We greatly appreciate all feedback we receive and are thrilled to hear that you are one of our regular guests! The menu at Le Petit Sel is great value for money and I am pleased that you enjoy it.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Jane Patterson on behalf of Faircity Falstaff Management.

Been to Faircity Falstaff Hotel? Share your experiences!