Rooms were new in 1984, but I don't think they've been updated since. Huge jackhammer and other construction noise outside hotel until 2300l. Staff in/out of room constantly, despite DND sign and light. Dining floor remodeled and is quite nice, but instead of training a few staff members, management seems to believe sheer numbers will make up for lack of skill. The result: crowds of employees standing around chatting while you get no service. High prices, poor service and extreme noise. 7 days could not go fast enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Johannesburg's business district and connected to the most luxurious shopping centre in the city, the hotel offers 5-star accommodation and a range of business and leisure facilities to all travellers, including state-of-the-art boardrooms, conference and banquet facilities. The menus at the award-winning restaurants are seasonal and sustainable while the outdoor deck offers breath-taking views of the city. Everything from a sundowner deck to a luxurious spa can be found under one roof, highlighting accessibility and connectivity ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and South African Hotels so you can book your Sandton Sun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandton Sun Hotel Sandton
- Sun Hotel Sandton
- Sandton Sun Greater Johannesburg