I stayed at the Fairlawns in November 2012 and it has been an absolute pleasure.
“Melissa” was very helpful via email with all booking requests and changes that I had to make. The pick-up from the airport worked out fine. Once we got to the hotel around noon our rooms were already available which was great after flying for 12 hours.
The rooms / suites are very large in size, very clean and have a nice style.
The hotel is more like a safe haven within the city not just a hotel. The tropical garden, breakfast outdoors overlooking the pool, the very(!) large gym, the in- and outdoor SPA and the excellent cuisine – I probably had one of the best steaks ever in their restaurant – what more can you ask for?
During the day there is always a driver at hand that takes you to the nearest locations e.g. Nelson Mandela Square..
All staff is very helpful and friendly. One night we returned from a Safari and on the way back I heard on the radio that there is an interesting concert that same night.. The guy at the reception managed to organize us premium tickets within an hour..and of course a driver. Taking us there and picking us up.
Especially after a long business day I couldn't wait to get back to the “island” and escape all the hustle and bustle of the city.
I stayed at the hotel for 3 days of business and extend for 2 more days to relax. It was very good. I will be back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairlawns Boutique Hotel & Spa is a unique and exclusive five-star sanctuary for today's business or leisure traveller. Conveniently situated in the Sandton suburb of Morningside Manor, major business hubs and shopping centers are a mere 4km away. The 40 luxurious suites are each individually decorated to the highest world standards with the Presidential Suite playing host to many local and international celebrities. Also on offer, is the popular Villa Residence (2 rooms, Lounge, Dining Room and private pool), perfect for families. A sought after conference centre, fully equipped gym, Balinese spa and superb a la carte restaurant complete the full range of guest services. In addition, the hotel offers complimentary transfers to the Sandton Shopping District. Airport transfers and transfers to other areas can be arranged at an additional cost. Golfers will not be disappointed as Fairlawns has an arrangement with the nearby Johannesburg Country Club, which offers two world-class golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Fairlawns Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairlawns Boutique Hotel And Spa
- The Fairlawns Boutique Hotel Sandton
- Fairlawns Boutique Hotel & Spa Sandton, Greater Johannesburg