This was a return trip for me after having lived in SA several years ago. I read the reviews but thought that since the hotel is in a great location the rooms and service must also match the 5 star rating. Not true. The hotel is under construction and therefore many of the floors are closed, the noise during the day is clear as a bell in your room. Also there is alot of dust in the halls. As an Ambassador/Platinum level guest of the Intercontinental I expected the amenties promissed when I joined the ambassador club. I recieved NOTHING special from this hotel instead they even refused to give me a renovated room. The front desk staff seems annoyed to have to work. I stayed here on two different occassions and neither time did anyone at the front desk say hello. The front desk staff is totally lacking in customer service. The rooms (I have stayed in the renovated rooms previously) are nothing special for the price charged. There is no African charm. The rooms could be in Houston. As stated earlier the rooms are not exceptionally quiet either. When a door shuts in the hall you can hear it. You can even hear the housekeeping staff conversation as they walk down the hall. The beds are very comfortable and the renovated rooms have beautiful bathrooms. South Africans are known for their outgoing nature. However not the South Africans working at this hotel. This obviously reflects on the manager of the hotel. I cannot recommend the hotel rather next time I will stay at the Michael Angelo since it is in the same plaza and the views look stunning from their floor to ceiling windows. If you do stay here avoid using thier taxis since they charge a premium for thier service, often quoting a rate 2-3 times the correct rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in the safe hub of Sandton, Johannesburg with direct access to: shopping malls, Sandton Convention Centre, Food, Wine and excursions. Perfect for business of leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere, Despegar.com, Odigeo and South African Hotels so you can book your InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers Hotel Sandton
- Intercontinental Johannesburg Sandton Hotel
- Intercontinental Sandton
- InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers Greater Johannesburg