I just spent 8 days at the Intercontinental. My business colleague and I had a good stay.
* Room had just been renovated. Shower, tub, king bed, working desk, lighting were well above par. First class rooms. That is more than half the battle when you are on a long-term trip.
* Staff level is beyond what travellers see in the United States. There were always 3-4 people staffing the front desk. Outside at the curb, one could be over-served, with as many as 8 bell staff and other hotel personnel outside. Have your tip money ready, you may struggle to keep hold of your bags.
* Rooms are very quiet and peaceful. I stayed on the 15th floor for eight nights and never heard another guest.
* Staffing of bar and restaurant are also quite good.
In short, this is a four-plus star hotel.
* The location in Sandton is very nice. There is a complex of retail malls there, so plenty of places to eat. Skywalk connects you.
* The off-site business center is superb. It has great staff and lots of computers. It is privately run, apart from the hotel, but tied in, so that business center charges can be assessed to the room. I was able to send Fedexes from there, as well as work with email, etc.
* Wireless internet worked well.
* Good club/workout facility. Never a wait for machines. Lots of machines and a beautiful view.
The negatives (which are very mild and can generaly be coped with):
* Housekeeping does come early -- about 8am. Put that "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on the front door each night.
* Room service was a bit off. I never could quite get in sync with the staff. The deliveries were timely, but there was often a missing item from my order.
* Front desk almost never had change - i.e., they could almost never break Rand bills. I found this odd. Since the hotel has a lot of staff needing a tip, you want to have a variety of Rand denominations handy. I probably asked for currency six times during my 8-day stay, and among those requests, got the currency I sought once.
* The pool does need something. It is in a lovely setting, but the pigeons are everywhere and the pool needed more heat when I tested it.
* The restaurant menu is a little narrow. Best choice is to bypass the restaurant and go to the adjacent high-end malls.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.