I have stayed in this hotel several times since 2013. I enjoyed each moment I spent there, except one time when high security measures were put in place especially to protect some government members from SADC countries. However, thanks to the hotel management and staff for the courtesy notification about the ongoing event and for all efforts to reduce inconvenience during the said period; personally I would have preferred avoiding such ambiance. Overall, I love this hotel.
The hotel is well located. It offers free shuttle service to Gautrain’s Sandton station, which is even at walk distance. Its proximity through a covered walk bridge/corridor to Santdon City malls and to Mandela Square restaurants made my evenings, dinners and weekend shopping very agreeable.
The hotel offers also excellent amenities: rooms, restaurant, free wifi, business center, fitness center and bar. I did not use the swimming pool.
Rooms are large, clean and well equipped with all amenities ones may need during his stay for business or private purposes, including restful bed and excellent bathroom facilities.
At the restaurant, breakfast is great with a smiling team at your service. During busy time in the morning, even the manager is at your service and that is great. I did not try lunch and dinner options, so I can evaluate.
The business center is calm and functional. WiFi is free but the restriction to 3 devices is an issue for those like me who travel with 5 devices.
The bar is a pleasure in the evening (if you’re not resting), when some notes are being played by the piano.
The hotel receptionists are polite, responsive, cheerful, and professional. Special thanks to Ms. Pulane Mpotle who convinced me during my first stay to consider this hotel as my residence in Jo’burg, and to apply for the IHG Rewards Club. Since then, every time I go to Jo’burg, I stay at this hotel, where effectively Pulane and all other staff always welcome me and treat me as someone who comes back home. For sure, I’ll continue to stay in Intercontinental Sandton Towers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in the safe hub of Sandton, Johannesburg with direct access to: shopping malls, Sandton Convention Centre, Food, Wine and excursions. Perfect for business of leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere, Despegar.com, Odigeo and South African Hotels so you can book your InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers Hotel Sandton
- Intercontinental Johannesburg Sandton Hotel
- Intercontinental Sandton
- InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers Greater Johannesburg