“My new go-to hotel for Sandton City” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers

You added InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers to your Saves list
InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Maude & Fifth Streets, Sandton 2146, South Africa   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 47 Hotels in Sandton
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“My new go-to hotel for Sandton City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel for the first time, and absolutely loved it. The lobby, along with all areas of the hotel I visited, were well kept up and clean, and all the staff were very helpful and friendly. Being an Intercontinental Ambassador, we were upgraded to a corner deluxe room which had an excellent view, and the fruit, snack and water waiting for us in the room were all nice added touches, as was the 4pm late check-out. The room was very large, and included the usual amenities you would expect in a hotel of this caliber, and also a few unexpected amenities, such as an nespresso machine in the room, as well as a DVD player. The bathroom was spacious and well laid-out, and even had dedicated recycling bins! In addition, we were offered free WiFi access, which was a very unexpected yet great surprise. The bed was also remarkably comfortable, and there was no shortage of pillow options in the room.

Overall, we loved our stay here, and I'll definitely be back next time I'm in Sandton.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
JosiahSandton, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time and writting to us to share your stay experience with us. I do really value your feedback as it assist us on improving our service delivery to our most valued..

Josiah Montsho

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
UAE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011 via mobile

I stayed at the executive floor for business floor
Rooms are spacious and clean and refurbished with plasma screen and complimentary Internet
Bed sheets and bed arrangement can be better.they don't have hard pillows or orthopedic pillows but only very soft pillows.
In room dining variety and taste is good but restaurant variety And operating hours are very limited which is very bad
Friendly stff nd concierge
Restaurants in sandton are operating with very limited variety And operating hours

• Stayed August 2011
JosiahSandton, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for taking your most valued time in writting and sharing your hotel experience with us. We do take our guests feedback very seriously and I ensure that we add to your profile that you prefer hard pillows.

On behalf of the Intercontnental Johanessburg Sandton Towers management and staff, I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Yours in hospiltality,

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

I always stay at this hotel for the first night before moving to Vanderbjilpark to visit my customers. Since the flights are arriving in the early morning hours it leaves me enough time after the check-in to explore the city for one day. The hotel is located just opposite (direct access via airbridge on the second floor) which offers you plenty of shopping, food, bars and entertainment. The rooms are spacious with all the amenities you can expect. Staff is very helpful and friendly, they actually warn you to go out at night by yourself. Breakfast buffett is just massive with a large variety of local and international food. Didn't try lunch and dinner so far, so can't comment on that.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
JosiahSandton, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your constructive feedback. It is through our guest feedback that we are made aware of our service shortfalls and to improve on service delivery.

I look forward to welcoming you at our hotel in the near future

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

This was my first stay at this hotel and I really enjoyed it.The check-in was quick and efficient. Hotel staff are very friendly and always greet you and try their best to help.

The rooms are very well appointed, the bathrooms are nice and the dvd player and nespresso machine were an added bonus. I was particularly grateful for the free wifi access, as wifi isn’t standard in hotels in this part of the world. The turndown service is good and housekeeping are excellent. The beds are very comfy and bathrobes and slippers are provided.

My only gripe about the hotel is the poor selection at breakfast. Eggs made to order can be requested but this isn’t pointed out by staff. However, when you do request this – they are quick and good. I must add, the staff in the breakfast area are very efficient and friendly.

Overall, I would say this is a very good hotel particularly for business travellers. It is next door to the convention centre, which is an absolute bonus and has a covered skylink to the mall next door – also another added bonus ; )

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback. I really value your feedback and will ensure that we improve on our breakfast selection and also that the staff explains to the guest the option of being able to order the eggs from the breakfast menu.

Stockholm
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

I am actually staying at the hotel right now! Sitting in front of my laptop at the desk in my room.

Internet works very well, excellent by SA standards as I have come to learn.

The room is great! Large, comfortable bed, large bathroom, good water pressure in both shower and separate bath, and the closet is great - only miss there is that the suitcase shelf is not mouted against a straight wall, it still fits just not as stable as it could have been.

Nespresso machine in the room is a great bonus! The laundry service is really fast too!

Staff is excellent, the manager had a cocktail event a couple of days ago and we see him down in the lobby every day! That is a great way to manage a hotel, be there where the guests are.

However, I think he eats his breakfast elsewhere!

It is such a shame that such a great hotel has a mediocre breakfast. The hot food is cold, fruit selection makes me sad and there is some slack in the service. Where the hotel aspires at 5 stars the breakfast barely makes it to 2 and as the breakfast is the most important meal of the day also makes my total score go from a clear 5 (excluding breakfast) to a 4 when it is included in my rating.

Now its time to go to bed. Did I mention that the bed is really comfortable?

Cheers!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your most valued time and giving us your constructive feedback. It is only through our guests feedback that we are made aware of our service shortfalls and to improve on our service delivery.

I have noted your comments regarding the unappealing breakfast selection and will ensure that we improve on that.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

I stayed here for a few nights during a conference at the neighbouring Sandton Sun - the hotels are connected by a walkway so it all feels like one big hotel complex.

The room is well appointed and of a good size. The bathroom/walk in closet are large and provide sufficient space to spread yourself out. The room, in addition to a large and comfortable bed has a sofa/footstool, desk, espresso coffee machine and kettle; there is also an iron and ironing board in the walk in closet.

The bathroom is filled with Elemis toiletries and the rooms are serviced a couple of times a day.

I only got around to use the gym once during my stay - it was empty! It adequate - neither large nor small, but has enough to give you a decent workout and entertained for an hour or two. The pool is outdoor and appeared not be heated. I didn't venture in.

In my view, the only thing that let this hotel down was breakfast. Compared to other Intercons and other five star hotels, it was relatively meagre; the fruit selection was small; the hot food didn't look particularly appetising; there weren't many cheeses on offer - it seemed out of kilter with everything else. It wasn't a big deal (after all, the conference over supplied food!), but is something that would make this hotel better.

For those keen on connecting to the net, wifi was free and the speed was reasonable...as long as you don't try to stream anything.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Please kindly accept my sincere apologies for the late response.

Thank you for your most valued feedback . I have noted your comments regarding the breakfast not being great as compare with other Intercon hotels. I have discussed your cooments with our Food and Beverage Manager and will ensure that we improve the food selection.

I look forward to welcomng you to out hotel in the near future

Port of Spain, Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night while passing through JNB on business and I will always go back when in the city. The room I had was great, with plenty of space, high-quality furnishings, a very comfortable bed and unexpected touches like a DVD player and a Bose I-Pod dock. The location right across the street from Mandela Square and Sandton City can't be beat and the fitness center is very good for a hotel. Similarly, the staff were polite and efficient. I can't comment much on the food as I only ate breakfast there, which was good not great, but all other aspects of my stay were very enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers? Share your experiences!