This hotel is world class, in the Sandton area (ie not central Joburg). The rooms are lovely, comfortable, quiet. The staff are the best trained I have ever encountered anywhere in the world. The only downside to this hotel is the pool is indoor and the sunbed area is tiny, with 3 sunloungers for everyone in the hotel.
Other than that you cannot fault this hotel and I would recommend it if you do not want to sunbathe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A member of the Leading Hotels of the World, The Michelangelo Hotel guarantees visitors a five-star stay whether spending the day to attend a conference, staying overnight or merely visiting for a breakfast, lunch or dinner meeting. The splendor of the hotel's Renaissance architecture in the heart of Sandton's business and leisure district, as well as the service excellence and world-class facilities on offer, sets The Michelangelo apart from its competitors. Built around a central atrium, guests enjoy the decadent use of space which gives the feeling of grandeur in an area where space is at a premium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, LHW, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Venere, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and South African Hotels so you can book your Michelangelo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Michelangelo Hotel Johannesburg
- Michelangelo Hotel Sandton, Greater Johannesburg