Services were quite good and the room was excellent overall. The water pressure in the shower was unbelievably strong - a funny thing to rave about, but it was incredible. The only negative I have about the accommodations is that the rug in the room seems to have reached the end of appropriate service. Not necessarily a negative for everyone, but the king size bed was essentially two twins next to each other. So sleeping in the middle of the bed is not a real option. While its conveniently located next to the convention center and basically part of an upscale mall, those are also it's downsides. The property is a tad noisy, and while the staff is friendly and helpful, they tend not to recognize that you are staying there since so many people pass thru the reception area on their way elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A member of the Leading Hotels of the World, The Michelangelo Hotel guarantees visitors a five-star stay whether spending the day to attend a conference, staying overnight or merely visiting for a breakfast, lunch or dinner meeting. The splendor of the hotel's Renaissance architecture in the heart of Sandton's business and leisure district, as well as the service excellence and world-class facilities on offer, sets The Michelangelo apart from its competitors. Built around a central atrium, guests enjoy the decadent use of space which gives the feeling of grandeur in an area where space is at a premium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, LHW, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Venere, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and South African Hotels so you can book your Michelangelo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Michelangelo Hotel Johannesburg
- Michelangelo Hotel Sandton, Greater Johannesburg