I was on a Business trip to South Africa and stayed in this hotel as it was very close to the place of my business. Don't go this hotel if you are used to luxuries of a 5 star hotel as it may really ruin your experience. It is an economy hotel with essential hotel facilities situated in the vicinity of the Mandela Square which is one of the happening places in Joburg. It is also closed to the railway station which has direct connectivity to Pretoria and the O R Tambo airport. The television in the room sucks with just 5 TV channels and a primitive LG television. The rooms are clean; however don’t be surprised if you find chairs of your dining table all different. Some bedrooms of the hotel have table made of iron frame with a glass top which offers you the impression of some kind of make shift arrangement by the hotel staff. Breakfast served by the hotel is decent enough for an economy hotel.
The staff in the hotel sucks big-time. The lift in the hotel was not working. When asked about it, the receptionist replied that it is only in last two days that it developed a problem and it would be fixed in next couple of days. However, I read a post on trip advisor where the traveler mentioned that lift was out of service since a long time. I carried the bags myself to the third floor through the stairs with no help from hotel staff.
In all, it’s a decent place for an economy hotel. Do not expect any luxuries.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westford Hotel now offers business and leisure travelers the convenience of staying in the heart of Sandton, Africa's economic, shopping and leisure centre at very reduced rates. We offer an alternative to business travellers who are looking for world class convenience, cleanliness, superior comfort and leisure. The hotel is centrally located close to all the main business and leisure centres within entertainment precincts of sprawling restaurants, cinemas, theatres as well as high end clubs and nightspots. The rooms are spacious with kitchenettes, bathrooms and comfortable TV Lounges. The cleanliness is of the highest quality. Security is 24 hours with more than enough secure, free parking on-site. The Westford Hotel is located 5 minutes walk from: The Sandton Convention Centre, The Sandton City Shopping Centre, The Gautrain Station (Rapid rail transport from the airport), Embassy of The United States, The Nelson Mandela Square with the Statue of the global icon, The Johannesburg Stock Exchange. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Westford Hotel, Sandton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pembury Plaza Sandton
- Pembury Plaza Hotel Sandton
- The Westford Hotel, Sandton Greater Johannesburg