I stayed here for a night in June 2014. The location is central and walking distance from the best eating and shopping areas of Joburg. The hotel is built on and around an old mansion, so its a bit confusing (to put it mildly) to get to your room while checking in, but inside the rooms are large and comfortable with modern amenities. The hotel and the lobby has a distinct old world charm about it. The front office staff were helpful and did their best to get an earlier check-in for an entire cricket team (Ambassadors of Cricket). Although we dined out for lunch and dinner, the next morning breakfast was excellent! One of the features of the hotel is a smokers bar which was packed, but ofcourse not that great for non smokers like me! On the whole, highly recommended hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Protea Hotel Balalaika Sandton is a tranquil oasis of country estate in the heart of the business and entertainment hub of Sandton, just outside Johannesburg, South Africa and approximately 30 minutes from O.R. Tambo International Airport. The Protea Hotel Balalaika is the perfect stopover for those doing business in the surrounding area, or as a central hub for the discerning tourist. The hotel comprises of two sections – the Balalaika and the Crown Court – and all rooms are air-conditioned and tastefully furnished in a classic, comfortable style with their own en-suite bathroom, with many of the Crown Court suites offering the additional luxury of a private spa bath. Both buildings of Protea Hotel Balalaika are set in their own lush, landscaped garden, each boasting a sparkling swimming pool, where GUESTs can relax, unwind and momentarily experience the timelessness and calm of a bygone era. At the Protea Hotel Balalaika, efficient, discreet and attentive service is a priority and our well-trained STAFF is always on hand to ensure that all of your needs are amply met. Guests are able to safely and easily use the link from the hotel lobby to the festive Village Walk Shopping Centre, which houses 15 restaurants, 70 shops selling a variety of wares, a main grocery store (Pick ‘n Pay), hair and beauty salons and the well-known African Craft market, where one will find African artifacts, curios and artworks from all over the continent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Protea Hotel Balalaika Sandton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Johannesburg
- Balalaika Hotel
- Protea Hotel Balalaika Sandton Greater Johannesburg
- Sandton Hotel Balalaika