Arrived at this hotel today coming in from Botswana-absolutely shattered! Fabulous reception and that you can send a shuttlebus to pick me up from the railway station. I was amazed that I was actually upgraded to a suite Which was a very welcome albeit very unnecessary surprise and treat. The hotel is walking distance from the main Mandella Squares Shopping area and this is all very safe and heavily patrolled by Adt security. The hotel itself is immaculately clean and staff are superbly turned out and very polite. I had a beer this evening in the Lords Bar was served by "Given" who was so polite, Extremely proud of his job and professional. The hotel itself is set in some beautiful lush gardens which is very different from the concrete city outside the front door. You really feel that you are stepping back in time and it's a real haven away from the Day-to-day city life. There is no question that this is the only hotel I would ever stay in Johannesburg. In short, "this hotel has personality" which so many others in the immediate area just simply don't have. Well done to everybody and thank you for making my stay so utterly awesome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Protea Hotel Balalaika Sandton is a tranquil oasis of country estate in the heart of the business and entertainment hub of Sandton, just outside Johannesburg, South Africa and approximately 30 minutes from O.R. Tambo International Airport. The Protea Hotel Balalaika is the perfect stopover for those doing business in the surrounding area, or as a central hub for the discerning tourist. The hotel comprises of two sections – the Balalaika and the Crown Court – and all rooms are air-conditioned and tastefully furnished in a classic, comfortable style with their own en-suite bathroom, with many of the Crown Court suites offering the additional luxury of a private spa bath. Both buildings of Protea Hotel Balalaika are set in their own lush, landscaped garden, each boasting a sparkling swimming pool, where GUESTs can relax, unwind and momentarily experience the timelessness and calm of a bygone era. At the Protea Hotel Balalaika, efficient, discreet and attentive service is a priority and our well-trained STAFF is always on hand to ensure that all of your needs are amply met. Guests are able to safely and easily use the link from the hotel lobby to the festive Village Walk Shopping Centre, which houses 15 restaurants, 70 shops selling a variety of wares, a main grocery store (Pick ‘n Pay), hair and beauty salons and the well-known African Craft market, where one will find African artifacts, curios and artworks from all over the continent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Protea Hotel Balalaika Sandton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Johannesburg
- Balalaika Hotel
- Protea Hotel Balalaika Sandton Greater Johannesburg
- Sandton Hotel Balalaika