The hotel was very busy when we stayed there during the FIFA world cup, thus I had to accept a smoking room. It was ok though. The rooms are quite dinky, brown and dated. All credit to maintenance staff: cleaning was top class.
It was sheer cold that week we were there, so the heater was really needed. The hotel is protected with gates and security.
Walking distance to Sandton/Nelson Mandela Square. Hotel does not feature any restaurants. Walking direction 2 NMS: when coming out from gates, go right about 2 robots (that's what they call intersections) after KFC @ McD and take a left. Walk 7 mins, pass Hilton and then turn right and walk another few mins. Know it's stupid and nothing I would do again, but I walked alone several times during late nights. Taxis are sheer expensive in SA. Paid 60-70R for a drive from hotel up to NMS. The hotel have some drivers (nice Serbian guys) working for them. Can warmly recommend The Butcher Shop & Grill. Touristic yes, but still worth it!
We encountered some mess with our reservations, but Elizabeth @ the front desk really made a difference to work out the situation. In fact, all staff are very charming and helpful.
- Also Known As:
- Town Lodge Sandton-Grayston Drive Hotel Sandton
- Town Lodge Sandton-Grayston Drive Hotel
- Town Lodge Sandton-Grayston Drive Greater Johannesburg
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A patio overlooking the swimming pool makes the hotel a relaxing spot in the hub of Sandton. Situated within close proximity to the M1 motorway with easy access to all major routes, 3 minutes drive to the shopping centres of Sandton City and Village Walk and a 30 minute drive from O.R.Tambo International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Town Lodge Sandton-Grayston Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.