I've stayed in City Lodge in other places and it is just a great place to stay especially for business travellers. The service is consistently good which tells you that this is a truly well run and managed hotel group.
From the moment you arrive, the staff - all the staff - are so friendly and helpful. From housekeeping to the front desk, the message is the same - extrememly friendly and helpful with smiling hellow from anyone you meet or pass in the corridors.
The new renovation at Morningside is really nice. The reception area is modern, well decorated, and the space works so well whether you are traveling alone, meeting for busienss, or meeting friends. The reception area accommodates all very well. The rooms are very comfortable. They have a noce desk and chair which makes it easy to work.
The bathroom works too though I think that if you are more than one, it is a tad small.
The wi-fi service Always on is not 100% reliable and I found it deathly slow some times. So this is something that you should check - especially if people are business travellers and need to work in their rooms.
The bistro restaurant is fine. The menu is varied but uninspired and could be more interesting. The service in the restaurant was slow ... and the flowers on the tables were well past their best date!
I loved the touch of free coffee in the morning as well as those delicious free muffins in brown bags ready to go. And what a delightful touch to have a tray of muffins at the gate and be offered a muffin by the friendly parking guard before you left!
I will definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone. Great value, excellent location, super service, exactly what you need for a business trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel has a restaurant on the property and is across the road from Morningside Clinic. It is close to a gym and 3 minutes from the shopping centres of Village Walk, Sandton City and Nelson Mandela Square. The convenience of this hotel is reinforced by its close proximity to the M1 motorway and the 30 minute drive from the OR Tambo International airport. We are 2km from the Gautrain Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Otel and South African Hotels so you can book your City Lodge Hotel Sandton Morningside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City Lodge - Sandton/Morningside Hotel Sandton
- City Hotel Sandton Morningside
- City Lodge Hotel Sandton Morningside Greater Johannesburg