I've stayed at City Lodges around South Africa many a time and with very positive experiences. Morningside is no different. Located on Rivonia is a big plus, as it gives one access to pretty much all of Sandton. The hotel has been refurbished - the dining area and rooms look a lot more lively than they previously did, but the "fitness room" as its called is still the same...perhaps more modern equipment could make a difference?
The staff at the hotel are warm and friendly and actually recognize repeat visitors - so that's a good thing! The rooms are clean, reasonably large and very functional. So if you're not looking for luxury but a place that gets the job done, look no further...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel has a restaurant on the property and is across the road from Morningside Clinic. It is close to a gym and 3 minutes from the shopping centres of Village Walk, Sandton City and Nelson Mandela Square. The convenience of this hotel is reinforced by its close proximity to the M1 motorway and the 30 minute drive from the OR Tambo International airport. We are 2km from the Gautrain Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Otel and Venere so you can book your City Lodge Hotel Sandton Morningside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City Lodge - Sandton/Morningside Hotel Sandton
- City Hotel Sandton Morningside
- City Lodge Hotel Sandton Morningside Greater Johannesburg