This is a special place beginning with its history. Nelson Mandela lived here for a time and later the building was remodeled into an amazing hotel. It is surrounded by large manicured grounds with interesting sculptures in various places.
The rooms are extremely well furnished with no detail left untended to. Service is excellent with friendly and courteous staff.
And it is the first luxurious hotel I've seen that doesn't have a gift shop, a relief for me. But not to worry, the staff will quickly arrange a car to take you to a nearby major shopping mall.
Sunday brunch is was excellent, with a buffet of starters, then main courses ordered off the menu. But the finale is the desert assortment, an amazing array of items.
The Saxon is a special treat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Saxon has a story to tell. Originally a private home and host to many honoured guests. The art within the home portrays lives lived with guests and friends spending time together. Elegant. Luxurious. Unforgettable. Merging the finest culinary experiences, the ultimate in luxurious accommodation and the award-winning Spa, the Saxon will take you on an unforgettable journey. This is truly the place you can call home. Let the Saxon treat you to personalised, discreet service and unparalleled South African hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Saxon Hotel, Villas and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saxon Boutique Hotel Johannesburg
- Hotel Saxon Boutique
- Saxon Hotel, Villas And Spa Sandton, Greater Johannesburg