After spending last Christmas and New years in Camps in the Namibian Desert we returned to Jo'berg for our flight back to Hawaii. Our driver picked us up at the Airport and drove us about a half hour to what appeared to be a residential area, entered a drive to a gate, told security he had the Senson's, the gate opened ,we went up a curved drive to a beautiful bulding that looked like a mansion. We went in (still in our desert camping attire),were escoted to a young lady at a single desk, she said "Welcome, your suite is ready, your butler has your luggage and will escort you to your suite, please enjoy your stay".(we had only expected a room with a bed). The suite was wonedrful ,a lush king-size bed, an out of this world bathroom with two of everything, except only one huge jacuzzi tub (perfect for two had been camping for 10 days), a full office for two with free internet, and aliving room with a fireplace, we slept like babies after a gormet dinner. Breakfast the next morning was superior to brunch at the Haleakala Hotel in Waikiki. We toured the grounds and the manager took us on a private tour of the "cottages" (small Mansions) that the Bill Clintons and South Afican President Nelson Mandela had occupied (Mandela had stayed for months to write his autobiograqpy
We can't wait to have another opportunity to tay there agin!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Saxon has a story to tell. Originally a private home and host to many honoured guests. The art within the home portrays lives lived with guests and friends spending time together. Elegant. Luxurious. Unforgettable. Merging the finest culinary experiences, the ultimate in luxurious accommodation and the award-winning Spa, the Saxon will take you on an unforgettable journey. This is truly the place you can call home. Let the Saxon treat you to personalised, discreet service and unparalleled South African hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotel.de, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Saxon Hotel, Villas and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saxon Boutique Hotel Johannesburg
- Hotel Saxon Boutique
- Saxon Hotel, Villas And Spa Sandton, Greater Johannesburg