We have stayed here a few times before but it is an ever changing animal. David Higgs, the chef there, has now opened a fine dining restaurant upstairs called Five Hundred.....it was excellent, the Joburg equivalent of Le Manoir de Quatre Saisons, we were both very impressed. The rooms maintain their quality and the Spa was a good experience for us. Presently the main restaurant is undergoing renovations but the set-up is still very good, and the works did not disturb us at all. We find the staff friendly and informative always very helpful. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Saxon has a story to tell. Originally a private home and host to many honoured guests. The art within the home portrays lives lived with guests and friends spending time together. Elegant. Luxurious. Unforgettable. Merging the finest culinary experiences, the ultimate in luxurious accommodation and the award-winning Spa, the Saxon will take you on an unforgettable journey. This is truly the place you can call home. Let the Saxon treat you to personalised, discreet service and unparalleled South African hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Saxon Hotel, Villas and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saxon Boutique Hotel Johannesburg
- Hotel Saxon Boutique
- Saxon Hotel, Villas And Spa Sandton, Greater Johannesburg