“Good Business Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 44 Hotels in Sandton
Bangalore, India
“Good Business Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Excellent location. Close to Mandela Square and in the middle of the business district. It has an easy access to the Train station with their regular shuttle service.

Rooms were clean, neat & tidy. Staff were courteous. Breakfast was an excellent spread.

Though I've stayed at various Hilton properties across the globe and is one of my favorite chain of hotels, I wasnt sure if this property was upto their mark. It definitely does fit the purpose of being a business hotel and that's what matters if you are travelling on business.

Nothing much to complain about. If you are looking for a night or two's stay for business purpose, then this is worth it. But for family and other entertainment, I would suggest to choose from various options that are available in Johannesburg.

Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Ms Kurian,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Sandton. We appreciate and respect your valuable feedback. Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well-being very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations

Ms Kurian, we at Hilton Sandton prides ourselves with the breakfast we serve. There is such variety to choose from, from cereals and varieties of Yoghurt, from different hole and cut fruits and freshly squeezed juices, an entire buffet of hot meals, precooked or eggs of your choice cooked for you individually, and so much more, it is almost like having a brunch.

Thank you for recognizing our team members who impressed you by their attention and professionalism. It is always with pride that I am able to personally recognize them for their efforts to exceed our guests’ expectations and provide a truly personalized service on all occasions.

I would like to thank you once more for your valuable feedback and for the overall satisfaction you rated us on. We greatly appreciate your comments and will take them in consideration for our upcoming refurbishment.

Please be assured, we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton in sunny South Africa, and if I can be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me at any given time. It will be always a pleasure to assist.

Your sincerely,

HEIDI KLEINE MOELLER I Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Nairobi, Kenya
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I checked-in at Hilton on 25th July 2014. The hotel charged me more than my bill in what they call ''reserving the money'', upon check-out, the amount of 2500 rand had fully been deducted from my account. The receptionist claimed it was an error and the money will be refunded. To date the management have not replied to my emails regarding the over charged amount. I have lost over 475 rand in this shody transaction. Be ware

Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Dear Ms Hellen,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well-being very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

Therefore it is with greatest concern to hear of your situation and accusation, however please allow me to explain to you in detail what has happened:

You might be aware that it is a worldwide standard in 5 Star hotels to ask for a method of payment or guaranty upon arrival which will include your accommodation charges (if not pre-paid yet) and an amount of R500 per person per night.
Hence at check in it is always asked for cash or a credit card to take an authorisation on accordingly. When you gave your debit card, the team member made the mistake to accept it, the error being that when an authorization is taken on a debit card it shows on your statement as a purchase. Another problem is, that the remainder of your deposit (R500 per night per person minus extra charges, in your case the R475) couldn’t be refunded upon departure due to technical challenges with debit cards in general.
Since then I believe our Front Office Manager as well as her assistant have been in contact with you telephonically, and at the same time the request has been logged with the bank to have your remaining amount refunded to your card as soon as possible.

Ms Hellen, please be assured that this was a genuine mistake from a new team member. Unfortunately your card being an internal card, it might take a few day longer than usual, however we will keep you update as the process goes along.
You do have my must humble apology for the unnecessary inconvenience caused to you, and please be assured that this matter has been addressed with the needed seriousness with the entire team accordingly.

I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to South Africa one day again. If I may be of any assistance to you in the meantime, please do contact me directly. It will be always my pleasure to assist.

Yours sincerely,

Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I have booked my five days business trip in Hilton Sandton, the hotel is just what do you expect from a decent place, clean, rooms are fairly large, breakfast was good and variety of food were there,

The hotel is near the main Sandton attractions with shuttles going there every half an hour so you don't worry about the transportations.

prices are competitive, however hotel with this size should have more than one bar, especially that Johannesburg is a place for the business so more entertainment is required to ease the day.

The hotel fits the purpose and that's what it matters if you are going on a business trip

Dear Mr/Ms Wkgunnere,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you, and this time with regards to the amazing stay you had with us in particular. Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well-being very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

Mr/Ms Wkgunnere, we are delighted to see that you enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for your kind comments. It will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Please be assured, we all are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton in the near future. If I can be of any assistance to you in the meantime, please do contact me at any given time. It will be always a pleasure to assist.

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

As with most Hilton hotels, this was an enjoyable place to stay with easy access to train stop via their shuttle. Received an upgrade to a beautiful suite. They were very accommodating! Safe area of the city for travelers too.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Mr/Ms Ktwaack,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you.

Mr/Ms Ktwaack, we are delighted to see that you enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for your great feedback. It will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Doha, Qatar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I am not sure if all Hiltons are this terrible but think twice about booking into the Sandton one. Try Maslow or InterContinetal or Garden Court instead when in Sandton. I am a senior executive in a big company and I definitely can tell there is senior management problem in this hotel. Generally the staff are discourteous and demotivated. The Ops Manager and Purchasing Manager appear not to be serious about addressing problems. There is a missing supervisory layer to constantly review housekeeping and customer care issues.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Mr. Munyaradzi Davi...M,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us, we greatly appreciate your comments. The well-being of our guests, their satisfaction, and our delivery of a quality service are of utmost importance. It is of great concern, that we have failed in this instance. I sincerely apologize, that you were not made to feel like the valued guest that you most certainly are.

As mentioned during your stay with us, your comments are being actioned, and I am confident that the outstanding issues will be resolved shortly.

Please accept my sincere apologies, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you again for your feedback and your time taken. If I can be of any further assistance for you, please do contact me at any given time.

Yours sincerely,

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I have stayed at this Hilton property at least four times and it is always a pleasure to come back. The staff is extremely nice and you feel right at home from the beginning. There might be more luxurious places to stay in Sandton or Johannesburg but I will always return to this one.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr/Ms Nicarzani,

Mr/Ms Nicarzani, we are delighted to see that you enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for your kind comments. It will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Ljubljana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Been at Sandton Hilton just 2 weeks ago. I was with my business partner - as we are both diamond members, we got great suite, just in the corner of executive floor, with nice large terrace. Check-in was great, unique, fantastic man working at the front desk. A said before, room (suite) was great, spacious, maybe needs some details updated ( bathroom,....)
Maybe I would prefer better breakfast, but it was satisfying...
we had a minor issue in the executive lounge, as there are beers in the fridge, but you are not alowed to take them before 06:00 pm - very strange regulations and we were quite mad about that;
Otherwise very nice hotel, would recommend for a stay in Jo-burg;

Dear Mr/Ms Enjoyer80,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you, and this time with regards to the amazing stay you had with us in particular.Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well-being very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

Ms/Mr Enjoyer80, we are delighted to see that overall you enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you for bringing to our attention the service you had received from our team members. It will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

HEIDI KLEINE MOELLER I Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Sandton? Share your experiences!