“Nice, quite hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 44 Hotels in Sandton
Doha, Qatar
“Nice, quite hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I have booked my five days business trip in Hilton Sandton, the hotel is just what do you expect from a decent place, clean, rooms are fairly large, breakfast was good and variety of food were there,

The hotel is near the main Sandton attractions with shuttles going there every half an hour so you don't worry about the transportations.

prices are competitive, however hotel with this size should have more than one bar, especially that Johannesburg is a place for the business so more entertainment is required to ease the day.

The hotel fits the purpose and that's what it matters if you are going on a business trip

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr/Ms Wkgunnere,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you, and this time with regards to the amazing stay you had with us in particular. Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well-being very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

Mr/Ms Wkgunnere, we are delighted to see that you enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for your kind comments. It will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Please be assured, we all are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton in the near future. If I can be of any assistance to you in the meantime, please do contact me at any given time. It will be always a pleasure to assist.

HEIDI KLEINE MOELLER I Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

As with most Hilton hotels, this was an enjoyable place to stay with easy access to train stop via their shuttle. Received an upgrade to a beautiful suite. They were very accommodating! Safe area of the city for travelers too.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Mr/Ms Ktwaack,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you.

Mr/Ms Ktwaack, we are delighted to see that you enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for your great feedback. It will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Doha, Qatar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I am not sure if all Hiltons are this terrible but think twice about booking into the Sandton one. Try Maslow or InterContinetal or Garden Court instead when in Sandton. I am a senior executive in a big company and I definitely can tell there is senior management problem in this hotel. Generally the staff are discourteous and demotivated. The Ops Manager and Purchasing Manager appear not to be serious about addressing problems. There is a missing supervisory layer to constantly review housekeeping and customer care issues.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Mr. Munyaradzi Davi...M,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us, we greatly appreciate your comments. The well-being of our guests, their satisfaction, and our delivery of a quality service are of utmost importance. It is of great concern, that we have failed in this instance. I sincerely apologize, that you were not made to feel like the valued guest that you most certainly are.

As mentioned during your stay with us, your comments are being actioned, and I am confident that the outstanding issues will be resolved shortly.

Please accept my sincere apologies, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you again for your feedback and your time taken. If I can be of any further assistance for you, please do contact me at any given time.

Yours sincerely,

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I have stayed at this Hilton property at least four times and it is always a pleasure to come back. The staff is extremely nice and you feel right at home from the beginning. There might be more luxurious places to stay in Sandton or Johannesburg but I will always return to this one.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr/Ms Nicarzani,

Mr/Ms Nicarzani, we are delighted to see that you enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for your kind comments. It will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Ljubljana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Been at Sandton Hilton just 2 weeks ago. I was with my business partner - as we are both diamond members, we got great suite, just in the corner of executive floor, with nice large terrace. Check-in was great, unique, fantastic man working at the front desk. A said before, room (suite) was great, spacious, maybe needs some details updated ( bathroom,....)
Maybe I would prefer better breakfast, but it was satisfying...
we had a minor issue in the executive lounge, as there are beers in the fridge, but you are not alowed to take them before 06:00 pm - very strange regulations and we were quite mad about that;
Otherwise very nice hotel, would recommend for a stay in Jo-burg;

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr/Ms Enjoyer80,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you, and this time with regards to the amazing stay you had with us in particular.Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well-being very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

Ms/Mr Enjoyer80, we are delighted to see that overall you enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you for bringing to our attention the service you had received from our team members. It will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

BigApple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Excellent service by the staff at the restaurant, concierge, and executive lounge. There was also the fabulous Chef who served EXCELLENT breakfast eggs and choices in the morning. The food was excellent and reasonable compared to other Hilton restaurants. All in all the staff were accommodating.

I would have given Hilton a 5 rating because when you travel there will always minor incidents that can disrupt the stay, but it can be overlooked and generally the stay is good. I was very disappointed with female front desk personnel handled a situation with a customer on Monday evening August 4th. She made not only this customer upset but the rest of the customers who witnessed the incident uncomfortable. Badly handled and the discourse lasted too long. She was patronizing and did not address the customer issue. It seemed that it was more important for her to take a stand and made all the customers standing at the front desk uncomfortable as well. There were 2 gentleman at the front desk who were uneasy and tried to make the rest of us at ease.

The room was better the last time I was here in terms of configuration. But as always very clean, good amenities, large sized bathroom, great shower stall. Unfortunately, the bed was horrible. I was only there for 5 days so did not bother to complain, but the bed was too firm, pillows were horrible and they were not able to give me a queen or king sized bed.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr/Ms Big Apple Cheesecake

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you, as our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, it gives us the opportunity to continuously improve further on our hospitality and service levels. We do take our guests and their wellbeing very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

Mr/Ms Big Apple Cheesecake, I do apologise for the incident which you had witness at the front desk and the un-easiness it created among you and the other guests. Please note that this has been thoroughly investigated and addressed with the team member concerned to prevent any reoccurrence.

When it comes to the bed and mattress of your recent stay with us, according to your description you must have been in our newer rooms which are indeed equipped with a harder mattress. Mr/Ms Big Apple Cheesecake, i apologize for the discomfort caused, and suggest to let us know when travel brings you back, so that we are able to assign you a room with a bed according to your requirements.

We are delighted to see that overall you enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for bringing to our attention the great service you had received from our team members in the restaurant. It will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Mr/Ms Big Apple Cheesecake, we all are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton in the near future. If I can be of any assistance for you in the meantime, please do contact me at any given time. It will be always a pleasure to assist.

Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

This place was awesome! Really posh and the reduced price made it possible to stay there! Make sure you get the room with breakfast included. A great experience you will not want to miss! Be prepared with your Passport when checking in so they can make a copy of it for their files.

Room Tip: Get the room plan that includes breakfast! Have an empty stomach when you go to the breakfast buffe...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Mr / Ms KMSPSS.,

Mr / Ms KMSPSS, we at Hilton Sandton pride ourselves with the breakfast we serve. There is such variety to choose from, from cereals and varieties of yoghurt, from different hole and cut fruits and freshly squeezed juices, an entire buffet of hot meals, precooked or eggs of your choice cooked for you individually, and so much more, it is almost like having a brunch. We are pleased to see you really enjoyed the breakfast which was served to you.

We are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.
We all are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton in the near future. If I can be of any assistance to you in the meantime, please do contact me at any given time. It will be always a pleasure to assist.

HEIDI KLEINE MOELLER I Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Sandton? Share your experiences!