“Great hotel with old rooms” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #21 of 47 Hotels in Sandton
Milan
“Great hotel with old rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

The hilton is a great hotel: very nice garden with pool, excellent breakfast, staff very helpful, great location in the middle of Sandton just a short walk from Mandela Square.
Unfortunately rooms are very old, some furniture is broken.
The restarurant is quite good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Mr Perrepo,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their wellbeing very seriously and always hope to meet our guests expectations.

Mr Perrepo, thank you for bringing to our attention the condition of our rooms and the furniture. I would like to inform you that two floors have been refurbished about two years ago and the 3rd is planned to be done in 2014.
Please accept our sincere apology for not being able to meet your expectation during your recent stay. I would highly appreciate if you would like to inform me about your future visit to Sandton, as it would be my pleasure to personally take care or your future booking.

Nevertheless, we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for your open and honest comments. Believe me it is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

We all are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton in the near future.

If I can be of any assistance for you in the meantime, please do contact me at any given time. It will be always a pleasure to assist.

HEIDI KLEINE MOELLER I Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here for business three times since August and I find it an excellent hotel - except for the Internet connection as mentioned by several other reviewers. In my case, when I had a room at the end of the property it could sometimes be unavailable in the room or drop in and out. I've read the manager's response about the proposed upgrade, the local team also told me that on site, but it is frustrating. However, the service in the exec lounge and restaurants more than makes up for this - it isn't really fair to single people out, but Elliot and Dyson in the lounge do a great job, with a smile and watching Sharon prepare sushi is amazing. Concierge team were also great, sorting out some weekend trips for me. Thanks to everyone.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Ms Zoe W,

Thank you very much for having chosen to stay at the Hilton Sandton once more, and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you. Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their wellbeing very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

With regards to the internet services, I am glad to be able to inform you that we have started our change over to the new internet provider by now. It will include an increasing of our bandwidth and complementary internet in our public area. We currently are expecting the changeover to be completed end of January 2014. Kindly bear with us a few months longer.

Ms Zoe W, we are delighted to see that otherwiese you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for bringing to our attention the great service you had received from our team members. It will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Kind regards

Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I visited Hilton Sandton Johannesburg Holiday Inn (Airport). The experience was good.

I have stayed in various Hotel of Hilton and overall experience in Hilton Sandton was good.

The only challenge is if we can get microwave in room, that would be great.

Regards,
A

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Mr Aman L,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you, and this time with regards to the amazing stay you had with us in particular.

With regards to having a microwave in the room, I would like to inform that due to safety and security reason we do not allow any cooking in our rooms. I trust this finds your understanding.

Mr Aman L, we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Kind regards,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Hotel was lovely and the executive lounge was fabulous. Hotel upgraded our room :). Definitely pays to stay at Hilton properties to earn diamond status.
The hotel is in a nice area-and there is a frequent shuttle to Mandela Mall. Tour group picked us at the hotel for multiple adventures.. MoAfrika Tours. Discovered the tour group on the internet and it was excellent. Only superlatives can describe the hotel, their service, or the tour group.

Room Tip: Frequent Hilton properties, use their credit card, etc to earn elite status and nicer rooms.
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Mr/Ms Snoopuppy

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you, and this time with regards to the good stay you had with us in particular.

Mr/Ms Snoopuppy, we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for bringing to our attention the great service you had received from our team members and it will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Kind regards,

ISTANBUL, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I did a business trip to Johannesburg. Great location in Sandton , so close to Mandela Square. Free shuttle every 30 mins. As a gold membership, ex. lounge was perfect. At restaurant , available in different cuisines and so delicious. But service quality is not so good as the other Hilton hotels.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Mr Mustafa G,

Mr Mustafa G, we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. I would like to apologise for the service you received from our team members. Please be assured that your feedback has been taken very seriously, and hence has been shared immediately with our management and their teams concerned. Please be assured that corrective measures will be taken, in order to prevent any occurrence of such matters.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel proves that the Hilton Brand is consistent anywhere you travel. The staff was friendly. The hotel was nicely designed. I loved every minute of my stay there. It was a pleasure to stay at this hotel and I would return any day.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Mr Arthur P,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you, and this time with regards to the enjoyable stay you had with us in particular.

Dear Mr Arthur P, we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. And I would like to thank you once more for your open feedback. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

stayed here one night before moving onto Ulusaba. the hotel is in a safe area. they have a shuttle from the GAUTRAIN which is the easiest public transport to the hotel. we got a car to take us though. the hotel is nice, especially the pool area. very relaxing for a CBD hotel pool! it takes about a 5-10 minute (max) walk down 1 street to get to Nelson Mandela Square & Sandton Shops / convention center. or you can take the regular shuttle free. definitely liked the stay and will use it more often. got the upgrade being HHonors Gold. the only bad thing is they take 2000ZAR (200USD / night for a deposit! a bit rich when you traveling. a lot of hotels these days just do $1. maybe they should consider it

Room Tip: be an Hhonors member for free wifi
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Mr/Ms 808surf

Mr/Ms 808surf, I am not sure what transpired that the amount 2000ZAR was taken as a deposit. Our policy requires an amount of 500ZAR per night for incidentals plus your accommodation rate. You have my profound apology for any inconvenience caused, and please be assured that this matter will be addressed with our team.

We are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. And I would like to thank you once more for your open feedback. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

HEIDI KLEINE MOELLER I Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Sandton? Share your experiences!