“Holiday in SA and stay at Hilton Sandton” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Sale From ZAR 1668
Ranked #19 of 44 hotels in Sandton
Mahe Island, Seychelles
“Holiday in SA and stay at Hilton Sandton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Had a lovely stay at Hilton Sandton from the 8th to the 13th Aug. The team members treated us wonderful and a special thanks you to Gugu, the journey ambassador who is amazing. The breakfast team also is great, thank you to Martin the Chef, Gloria, Bheki, Jerald and the rest

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ms Seychelles girls,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you, and this time with regards to the amazing stay you had with us in particular.

Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their wellbeing very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests expectations.

Ms Seychelles girls, we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for bringing to our attention the great service you had received from our team members and it will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

We all are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton in the near future.

If I can be of any assistance for you in the meantime, please do contact me at any given time. It will be always a pleasure to assist.

472 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Headingley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed here on business for 5 nights the hotel is 5min walk from Mandela Square or get a cab plenty sat outside hotel (worth speaking to drivers they will be your driver for the week if you negotiate a rate).

Rooms are spacious with air con and large shower.

From check out you have access to hotel gym area with showers lockers etc so handy if you have late flight and early check out.

They have sky sports (SA equivalent) in bar and a bar menu too so you can eat in bar pretty cheaply if need to. usual thing newspapers etc knocking about in communal areas too and WiFi.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr/Ms RobLH76,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you, especially when having had such pleasant stay as mentioned.

Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home and the family. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their wellbeing very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests expectations.

Mr/Ms RobLH76, thank you for staying with us for 5 nights and also for the positive comments you made with regards to our rooms and our facilities. We are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for bringing to our attention the great service you had received from our team members. It is feedback like yours which always make all efforts truly worthwhile.

While we all are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton soon again, please do contact me at any given time if we can be of any assistance for you. It will be always a pleasure to assist.

Marcoola
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

the Hilton at Standton city is getting old and showing it. while the bar staff were helpful they made errors frequently in what was ordered and the Conceirge seems incapable of booking a hotel. The hotel is well located and secure, but areas like the pool (unheated) and gym (small, old and badly maintained) show that it is need of refurbishment.

Dear Mr Kristian S,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and at the same time for sharing your valuable feedback with us. Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their wellbeing very seriously and always hope to meet our guests expectations.

Hence I highly appreciate your comments made regarding our bar and team members, and I would like to assure you that your feedback has been shared in the meantime in order to undertake corrective measures. You have my sincere apologies for any inconveniences caused.

With regards to our gym, I would like to inform you, that we are indeed looking at refurbishing our Fitness Centre in near future. Unfortunately I am not able to provide a year yet, but it has been under serious discussion. The pool is indeed not heated hence a bit cold to swim in the winter. However in the summer the poolside is beautiful, the garden is lush, swimming is pleasant and you can soak up the sun while reading a book.

Mr Kristian S, thank you very much once more for your response and comments. Feedback like yours always helps us to get closer to achieving our goals to continuesly deliver the most excellent service and experience.

Please be assured we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton in sunny South Africa.

In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at any given time. It will be always a pleasure to assist.

Sandton, South Africa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Hotel is centrally located in Sandton CBD. Rooms are basic and dated in contrast to competitors in this area. Internet access is billable, TV channels are very limited and picture quality is poor. Room ammenities also need to be looked at. For a business hotel of this calibre, stay was very disapointing for the price. Breakfasts were very good and staff were helpful. Check out process a long wait.

Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Mr Julian M,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their wellbeing very seriously and always hope to meet our guests expectations.

Mr Julian M, please accept my sincere apologies for your delay upon departure. This matter was addressed accordingly as schedules always have to be amended according to business levels.

Regarding our TVs and channels, our Chief Engineer has been informed accordingly to review the problem. Please be advised that his and our housekeeping team has been advised to always check such matters prior every guest arrival.

With regards to the internet services, you might be aware that this service is provided by an outside company and hence is not included in the room rate at the Hilton Sandton. However, I am pleased to advise you, that we are in the process of finalizing a new contract with a new internet provider, which will include an increasing of our bandwidth and complementary internet in all our public areas. I would like to bring to your attention, that, when being a member of our Loyalty program, as soon as you would have reached the Gold tier of our Loyalty Program, internet will be offered complementary, this being only one benefit out of many more.

Your comments regarding the condition of our property, please be informed that we are currently working on a refurbishment soon to come, which will include most of our public areas.

Mr. Julian M, I would like to thank you once more for your valuable feedback and for the overall satisfaction you rated us on. We greatly appreciate your comments and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Please be assured, we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton, and in the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at any given time. It will be always a pleasure to assist.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This hotel was good but it have grown old. Stay at another hotel if you can. HHonors member or not you will not get any different or even good treatment (I was gold HHonors when I staid but that didn't help.

Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Mr Anas H,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton during your recent visit to Johannesburg, and secondly thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests expectations.

Your comments regarding the age of our property, please be informed that we are working on a refurbishment soon to come, which includes most of our public areas.

When it comes to your feedback regarding your HHonors benefits, I would highly appreciate if you could provide us some further details in order for me to investigate the matter further. In the event of very high occupancies, we indeed might not always be able to provide all benefits (e.g. late check outs or an upgrade to the Executive Floor). However if this was the case during your recent stay with us, please let me know, when travel brings you back to Sandton and it will be my pleasure to personally look into your reservation.

Mr Anas H, please be assured we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton in sunny South Africa one day again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

An excellent business hotel, ideally located for the Sandton business district, with a reliable, regular and free service to and from the Gautrain.I have stayed at this hotel occasionally since probably about 2003, and what is particularly attractive is the way that it has been renovated regularly. Staff are excellent. The hotel is more secure than many in the area.

Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Mr Mark S.,

I hope you enjoyed your stay while in South Africa and had a relaxing flight back home. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you, and this time with regards to the amazing stay you had with us in particular.

Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home and the family. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests expectations.

Mr Markk S., we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for bringing to our attention the great service you have received from our team members at Hilton Sandton. Feedback like yours always helps us get closer to achieving our goals and make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Please be assured, we all are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton in the near future.

Your sincerely,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My overall stay at the Hilton was very good. Despite working long hours and arriving late at the hotel, I felt completely comfortable, looked after and safe. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful in all aspects.

Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Mr/Ms Ashvita R.,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests expectations.

I am delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for bringing to our attention the great service you have received from our team members, which will be my upmost pleasure to share. Feedback like yours always helps us get closer to achieving our goals and make all efforts truly worthwhile

Please be assured, we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton in sunny South Africa.

HEIDI KLEINE MOELLER I Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Sandton? Share your experiences!