“My JBurg stay review” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 47 Hotels in Sandton
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“My JBurg stay review”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This hotel was good but it have grown old. Stay at another hotel if you can. HHonors member or not you will not get any different or even good treatment (I was gold HHonors when I staid but that didn't help.

Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Mr Anas H,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton during your recent visit to Johannesburg, and secondly thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests expectations.

Your comments regarding the age of our property, please be informed that we are working on a refurbishment soon to come, which includes most of our public areas.

When it comes to your feedback regarding your HHonors benefits, I would highly appreciate if you could provide us some further details in order for me to investigate the matter further. In the event of very high occupancies, we indeed might not always be able to provide all benefits (e.g. late check outs or an upgrade to the Executive Floor). However if this was the case during your recent stay with us, please let me know, when travel brings you back to Sandton and it will be my pleasure to personally look into your reservation.

Mr Anas H, please be assured we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton in sunny South Africa one day again.

HEIDI KLEINE MOELLER I Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

An excellent business hotel, ideally located for the Sandton business district, with a reliable, regular and free service to and from the Gautrain.I have stayed at this hotel occasionally since probably about 2003, and what is particularly attractive is the way that it has been renovated regularly. Staff are excellent. The hotel is more secure than many in the area.

Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Mr Mark S.,

I hope you enjoyed your stay while in South Africa and had a relaxing flight back home. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you, and this time with regards to the amazing stay you had with us in particular.

Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home and the family. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests expectations.

Mr Markk S., we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for bringing to our attention the great service you have received from our team members at Hilton Sandton. Feedback like yours always helps us get closer to achieving our goals and make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Please be assured, we all are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton in the near future.

If I can be of any assistance for you in the meantime, please do contact me at any given time. It will be always a pleasure to assist.

Your sincerely,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My overall stay at the Hilton was very good. Despite working long hours and arriving late at the hotel, I felt completely comfortable, looked after and safe. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful in all aspects.

Dear Mr/Ms Ashvita R.,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests expectations.

I am delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for bringing to our attention the great service you have received from our team members, which will be my upmost pleasure to share. Feedback like yours always helps us get closer to achieving our goals and make all efforts truly worthwhile

Please be assured, we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton in sunny South Africa.

In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at any given time. It will be always a pleasure to assist.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My friend and I were really impressed about our stay at this hotel and something we'd do again. The atmosphere and experience was just perfect and ideal for our bonding time. It felt different and just wanted we needed to spend quality time together, well done Hilton Sandton. We will back soon...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Mr/ Ms Refilwe M.,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and at the same time for sharing your valuable feedback with us. Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests expectations.

I am so pleased to hear that you and your friend had a wonderful time and we at Hilton Sandton played an important part to make it possible.

Mr/ Ms Refilwe M, thank you or your excellent rating and your positive response and comments. Feedback like yours always helps us get closer to achieving our goals. It is comments such as yours which make every effort truly worthwhile.

Please be assured we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton very soon again.

In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please contact me at any given time. It will be always our pleasure to assist.

Kind regards,

Beirut, Lebanon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The only dissatisfaction I have experienced is the internet plans you are having. Otherwise, the stay was really comfortable and all the services were as good as other Hilton hotels around the globe. My overall rate is very good.

Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Mr Dany R,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim, being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests expectations. We at the Hilton Sandton pride ourselves on being a superior choice for all business travellers.

Mr Dany R, with regards to the internet services, you might be aware that this service is provided by an outside company and hence is not included in the room rate at the Hilton Sandton. However, I am pleased to advise you, that we are in the process of finalizing a new contract with a new internet provider, which will include an increasing of our bandwidth and complementary internet in all our public areas. I see that you are not an HHonor member yet, hence I would like to bring to your attention, that as soon as you would have reached the Gold tier of our Loyalty Program, internet will be offered complementary, this being only one benefit out of many more.
If this would be of interest for you, we are more than happy to enroll you to our complementary loyalty program today, and all of your stays at any Hilton Brand within the last 6 months will be credited to you.

Mr Dany R l, feedback like yours always helps us get closer to achieving our goals. Thank you for bringing to our attention the great service you have received from our team, and your thoughtful remarks are very helpful in allowing us to continue to deliver the most excellent experience

Please be assured we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton in sunny South Africa very soon again.

If I can be of any further assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me at any given time. It will be always a pleasure to assist.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Was there on business and needed a good, safe hotel to stay in.

This place was well run, the rooms were spacious and they have a nice lounge for business users.

However, I didn't like their gym. It was a throwback to 1973 or something. It appeared to be very outdated. The outdoor pool on the other hand was very nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr/Ms Tom H.,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with all. Hilton Sandton prides itself on being a superior choice for all business travellers.

Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet our guests expectations.

With regards to the Fitness Centre I would like to inform you, that we are indeed looking at refurbishing our Fitness Centre it in near future. Unfortunately I am not able to provide further details yet, but it has been under serious discussion. Yes, I do agree with you the outdoor pool is truly amazing, in summer it is so beautiful to swimming or just to enjoy the garden and soak up the sun.

r/Ms Tom H., we would like to thank you once more for your valuable feedback and for the overall satisfaction you rated us on. We greatly appreciate your comments and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards. Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton in sunny South Africa one day again.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do contact me at any given time. It will be always a pleasure to assist.

Kind regards,

Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My 4 day stay at the Hilton Sandton was one of my most memorable experiences. Clean rooms, beautifully furnished, friendly staff... simply beautiful! Sadly because it was so cold and we were so busy i didnt get to swim! wthe pool looked beautiful though. Look forward to using the spa and gym next time!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Ms Lilian M.,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well-being very seriously and always hope to meet our guests expectations.

Ms Lilian M., we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and that we continue to meet and exceed your expectations. We very much appreciate your comments regarding our clean rooms, the furnishers, our friendly team members and the appearance of the hotel. I will definitely pass on your comments to our team members and thank them for making your stay a memorable one.

I would like to thank you once more for your valuable feedback and for the overall satisfaction you rated us on. We greatly appreciate your comments we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton in sunny South Africa.

Kind regards

HEIDI KLEINE MOELLER I Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Sandton? Share your experiences!