“Anniversary Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 47 Hotels in Sandton
johannesburg, South Africa
“Anniversary Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My Wife and i had a one night stay using my HHonors points to celebrate our 11 Year anniversary We were welcomed as HHonors members and were offered a Suite Upgrade with a minimal fee , which we gladly accepted The Check in staff was very efficient and asked if we were visiting the City , to which i mentioned that it was our anniversary ,, immediately we were offered a complimentary champagne and a Fruit platter .. When we returned to the room later that day it was decorated with Rose petals on the bed and the Champagne was laid out with strawberries and cream .. very romantic we were even offered a late check out ! , i really enjoyed the stay the room and the overall Hotel is great ! looking forward to my next stay here !!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Mr Greg G.,

Thank you very much for choosing to celebrate your anniversary with us at the Hilton Sandton. We greatly appreciate your positive comments. We at the Hilton Sandton constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Our main aim is guest satisfaction and quality delivery. we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations.

We are glad to note your overall satisfaction during your recent stay with us. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile. We at the Hilton Sandton take pride in making our guest feel at home. When staying at Hilton Sandton you a not a guest but part of the Hilton Sandton family. I am delighted that you enjoyed the courtesies that Hilton Sandton put out in the room for you.

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused in the parking area and I would like to explain that this is due to a needed upgrade of our system. I hope this finds your understanding.
Regarding your bathroom, I am pleased to advise you that we are in the process of looking at revamping one of our floors this year and additional floors are to follow in the next years to come.

Mr. Greg G., once more I would like to thank you for your detailed and kind feedback given, and please be assured that we all are looking forward to welcoming you and your wife back to the Hilton Sandton very soon again.

HEIDI KLEINE MOELLER I Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed here on a quick overnight stay on our way to safari. We were on vacation so I can't comment on its location, but the airport transfer was efficient if a bot overpriced. The lounge was small but had a decent breakfast. Rooms were a bit small but well appointed and as a Hilton Diamond my family was upgraded to the Executive Level. All in all I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Mr Catbert10,

I am happy that you chose Hilton Sandton as a base for you and your family, before starting your holiday. This time of the year is perfect to do a safari as it is winter and game viewing is very good due to the park being not so dense. I hope you and your family had a wonderful and an amazing holiday and got to see the big five while on safari in South Africa.

Mr Catbert10, thank you for your feedback and your thoughts about Hilton Sandton, and I am pleased to advise you that we are in the process of finalizing plans to renovate the executive lounge and rooms on the sixth floor. The next time you visit Hilton Sandton you may have the pleasure of staying in one of our upgraded rooms.

Thank you for recommending Hilton Sandton on Tripadvisor.

If I can be of any further assistance please do contact me, it will only be a pleasure to assist.

Yours sincerely,

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The property is about 40 min away from the airport.
There is an good size indoor mall nearby, which also includes a grocery store, next to Mandela square. It is also near the train/subway station.

Check inn was pretty quick with no issues.
Internet was pretty quick with no issues around the property.

There is an on-site pool however it is not heated, so it was too cold for a swim and the sauna seemed to be in-operative, with no signs explaining why. Additionally there was no attendant near the pool or gym area to whom I could refer too. The gym area has the standard equipment, nothing special.

The room was quite spacious with great amenities, towels and bedding. The bed was quite lovely to fall bed on and just relax.
No sound issues, the room was nice and quite. This is a big property with many rooms so I really appreciate the sound proofing.

The bar/lounge area serves some good beer and is reasonably equipped, you have some dining options there as well. Dinner was at the main restaurant, where the service was good, however the dining choices/menu seemed a bit limited as compared to what was available at the bar.
Good wine selection though.
The service was attentive, and speedy, the main course however was over spiced (the fish) , the desert, the malva pudding was delicious.
Breakfast was in the same area, with plenty of choices.

There is not much to do (leisure activities) in the area, so it is a good business hotel, Seemed like a safe neighbourhood, saw no issues while walking around and everything was clean.

Hope this helps.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Mr/Ms Dooandherb,

We at the Hilton Sandton would like to thank you for staying with us on your recent business trip to South African. It is guests like you that makes it all the worthwhile. Helping us as a team to go that extra mile and to keep moving the goal post, as to continue making it right and to have guests that are happy and satisfied.

Hilton Sandton would like to thank you for the exposure we received from your feedback on Tripadvisor, feedback as such can only impact us positively. We at Hilton pride ourselves as one of the choices business hotels.
Please note that when you stay at Hilton Sandton or any Hilton Worldwide hotel, you are part of the Hilton family. As we always strive on guest satisfaction, we are very delighted about your very kind and highly appreciated feedback.

Mr/Ms Dooandherb, looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton. Please feel free to contact me or my team, we will be more than willing to assist you.

Yours sincerely,

Krakow, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The staff were friendly and helpful, fast check-in process, the room was spacious and clean with all I needed durng the stay, however the A/C was not enough. The breakfast was reasonable and tasteful, the restaurant nice and the choice good. The service was polite. The location is not perfect but there is a free shuttle bus to Mandela Squere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Mr/Ms Kuba Traveller,

Thank you for making Hilton Sandton your home when you are here on business in South Africa. We at the Hilton Sandton prides ourselves on being a superior choice for all business traveller. Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. This helps us understand where and what we can do to improve on.

We take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations. Please accept my sincere apology with regards to the aircon not blowing out sufficient air in your room. I have discussed this with our chef engineer and he had assured me that he is in the process of checking all the aircons in the rooms, as now we enter winter and there is a reduced demand for them.
At the same time I would also like to thank you for your kind comments regarding our team and service. Believe me it is through comments such as yours, which make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Dear Mr/Ms Kuba Traveller, I would also like to thank you for your understanding and if I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me. Please be assured we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton one day again.

IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have stayed at the Hilton Sandton few times and every time the hospitality is very good and all the staff are trying to do whatever they can to make the stay as comfortable and nice as they can. I highly recommend staying at the Hilton Sandton…

Dear Mr, Hagay,

Mr Hagay, thank you for recommanding the Hilton Sandton. We place great value on your custom, and your continued patronage with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton and any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.

Looking forward to meeting with you on your next return.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Exceptional hotel located close to Mandela Square and the market exchange. Staff is courteous and knowledgable and the facility has a "resort" feel to it though it is located in the city. Suggest an upgrade to a mini suite giving you plenty of room for guests and a great place to work.

Dear Mr Lloyd S.,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their wellbeing very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations.

Mr Lloyd S., we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton and any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.

cape town, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The best and consistent service one can get in Johannesburg for leisure and business travel. I have recommended this hotel to all my friend abroad and they are all very satisfied with their stay. Great service and location across Gautrain.

Dear F.M

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate the comments made by you. We at the Hilton Sandton would like to thank your for sharing your experience with your friends abroad. We are very happy to hear that they share the same sentiments as you do.

Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations.

F.M, we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton and any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.

Heidi Kleine-Moeller
Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Sandton? Share your experiences!