“A calm place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 47 Hotels in Sandton
Gurgaon, India
“A calm place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

A pleasant stay ... was surprised by flexibility of people on the front desk to accommodate requests. The lounge breakfast was just awesome with just about everything one thinks of having in the morning.. a bit lesser on the evening snack options , though the wines were good and ambiance good

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Mr/Ms. Kamalendu_bali,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations.

We are glad to note your overall satisfaction during your recent stay with us, particularly the flexibility of the front desk team and the awesomeness of the breakfast lounge. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile. On the other hand I would like to thank you for the feedback regarding the evening snacks in our executive lounge being much lesser and I have shared this with our Executive Chef. However I am pleased that you enjoyed our wines and the ambiance.

Mr/Ms. Kamalendu_bali, we do place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton and any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do contact me at any given time, it will be always our pleasure to assist.

HEIDI KLEINE MOELLER I Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Maputo, Mozambique
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Great location, good facilities, but unfortunately staff attitude in general, from receptionist to restaurant staff, passing through bar etc, make you feel uncomfortable in such a place. Is really not up to Hilton standards. Being a Hilton Honors member and visiting several of them, is clearly the one where I've seen the worst level of customer services. When visiting the restaurant I was obliged almost to go to the kitchen to find somebody to come to our table. When at the reception looking for the concierge to organize a city tour, the receptionist on duty, without any other customer around, looked at us, went back to his work without asking us what we needed. Was just when we call for his attention that he came to call the concierge, with rude and unpleasant attitude. Definitively not a hotel we will visit again
There were few other things, we went to this hotel when traveling to the Kruger park for a 4 days safari. We left our belongings in the rooms for the 4 days we were absent and discover with unpleasant surprise when coming back that the bath robes we used 5 days ago where still on the back of the sofa where we left them. No changed, not washed, etc

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Mr/Ms. AbelardoC,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. As you are aware, we greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet our guests’ expectations.

With great concern I have noted your dissatisfaction of our team members attitude, experienced from our reception-, restaurant- and bar teams. Though we could not find out which team member/s you are referring to specifically, I would like to assure you, that we have shared and discussed this matter across all departments. I couldn’t agree more, that such behavior you experienced is totally unacceptable and absolutely not according to our high standards we always strive for.
The very same applies to your impression of our housekeeping department, and I would like to convey my humble apologies for not being able to meet your expectations in so many ways.

Mr/Ms. AbelardoC, once more I would like to thank you for taking all your time to give us such detailed and open feedback as it is only through comments such as yours that we are able to improve our standards and service delivery. Please be assured that we do place great value on your custom, and your continued patronage with us and we all do look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton on day again, to prove to you, that we can do much better than recently experienced.

CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Arrives at OR Tambo at 7pm. Took the Gautrain to Sandton, called the hotel and a van was there to pick us up at the train station within 5 minutes.

Checkin was quick and bags were taken to our room. The room had a large king bed, welcome drinks, flat screen tv and the largest hotel safe I have ever seen. Bathroom had separate shower and tub.

Next morning we walked over to Mandela square, had breakfast and looked around the shopping mall. Back to the hotel for a shower and then they delivered us to the train station for our journey back to the airport.

If you time it right, leaving the hotel to the airport will take less than 30 minutes.

Great staff. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed January 2013
hiltonnairobi, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Mr/Ms. Ushela03,

Thank you very much indeed for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We are glad to note your overall satisfaction during your recent stay with us. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile, especially that not only all facilities provided were to your full satisfaction, in particular our team and our overall service. Please be assured, that your feedback has been shared with our team accordingly and with most pleasure.

Mr/Ms. Ushela03, we do place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton and any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do contact me at any given time, it will be always me pleasure to assist.

mumbai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

in just a few hours, we experienced extremely unprofessional attitude, wrong reservations details fed in the system by phone assistants. humiliated with an upgrade to a suite room, when our booking WAS already for a KING suite room!! Airport pick up charge quoted R550 but were asked to pay R980 one way. No response from hotel staff to sort out issues faced. Pool phone keeps ringing. No attendant to respond, only when we visited the pool area, we saw one attendant chatting with another. We just wanted a secure hotel pick up but why this unethical change of rate upon arriving to the hotel. Mini bar was EMPTY!!! NO Water bottle. No turn down service inspite of keeping a sign outside the room and also calling up house keeping for the same. Room service plates kept as is and only after 3 reminders was the room made ready with turn down request. There are many hotels around. Preferential attitude was visible by the staff.

Room Tip: make sure you have all in writing while making reservations.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
hiltonnairobi, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Mr. Prince71272,

I read with great concern your various comments regarding the unprofessional attitude of how your reservation was made in terms of your room type request and the rate of your airport transfer. Unfortunately due to not having complete information on your booking reservation, I am unable to investigate your request further. However, if you would like to provide any furhter details, I am more than happy to come back to you with a full investigation.
With regards to being charged ZAR980.00 for your airport pick up, I would like to explain that this was due to the vehicle used (a minivan as the number of people to be transferred are either four or more). I trust that this will find your understanding, however you have my sincere apology if this was not explained to you earlier.

With regards to finding your mini bar empty, I fully accept this error being our mistake, due to an oversight after the previous guest had requested to empty the bar, and not being replenished afterwards. Mr. Prince you have once more my humble apology.

Further to not having receiving your turn down request, room service plates not being removed from your room, and the incident witnessed at our pool restaurant , I would like to assure you, that all matters have been investigated thoroughly, and all department heads have been involved to implement corrective measures to prevent any reoccurrence in the future.

It is obvious, that we failed to meet your expectations on your precious stay with us, however we highly appreciate your precious time taken to share your experience with us as it is only through comments such as yours that we are able to improve our standards and service delivery continuously.

Mr. Prince71272, please be assured we do place great value on your custom, and your continuous patronage and we would be honoured if you would give us another chance one day to prove to you that we have learned and are able indeed to provide highest levels of service and hospitality.

In the meantime, please do contact me at any given time, if I may be of any assistance for you.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This hotel was very average compared to all the other hotels that we stayed in during our SA visit...
The location is very convenient with regular shuttles to Nielsen Mandela square

The room lighting needs to be more brighter. There was no turn down service..the staff could have been more courteous...overall an average stay

Ps Internet service is very expensive

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
hiltonnairobi, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Ms. Pavitra_77,

First of all I would like to wish you a very Happy New Year.

Thank you very much for sharing your valuable feedback with us and for having stayed with us during your recent visit to Sandton. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I regret, that we were not able to exceed your expectation, especially in comparison to our competitors. However we have recognized your feedback regarding our room lighting and will definitely take this in consideration for our next room refurbishment soon to come.

You have my sincere apology for not having receive our turndown service and your comments about the quality of service by our team members has been shared and discussed across the board.

Ms. Ms. Pavitra_77, please be assured we do place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and we all do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future once more. By then we hopefully will have implemented complementary internet service in all our public areas as well.

In the meantime, I am sending you my best wishes for 2013, and if I can be of any assistance in the future, please do contact me at any given time.

Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Very good location with easy acces to main sandton shopping malls ( village walk nearly completely closed ) as convention ctre. Service at reception is professional and fast , rooms are simple and not realy luxurious or nice but will just do. Hotel restaurant is average , lobby bar is ok . Pool is nice and gym is just good enough but with aging material. This is not the best hilton i have visited but service in this hotel is nice and friendly. Hotel is well taken care of and rooms are clean.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
hiltonnairobi, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Mr. Charles W.,

I sincerely hope you had a wonderful Christmas Holiday and enjoyed a peaceful time with your family.

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We are glad to note your overall satisfaction during your recent stay with us. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Regarding your feedback about our rooms and gym equipment, we do regret that we were not able to fully meet your expectations, however we have noted your comments positively and will definitely take them into consideration for our future refurbishment to come.

I would like to thank you as well for your kind comment regarding our team members and services and it was my upmost pleasure to share the same with our team.

Mr. Charles W., we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton and in the near future.

In the meantime, I am wishing you a very happy and prosperous New Year, and if I can be of any assistance, please do contact me at any given time.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is very nice. The room is spacious and quiet. The bathroom is large and clean. Flat screen TV, coffee/tea station and iron in the room. King size bed is so very comfortable. This is a great place to stay.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ms. Nicole L.,

Ms. Nicole L., we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton and in the near future.

HEIDI KLEINE-MOELLER I Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Sandton? Share your experiences!