“Nice location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 44 Hotels in Sandton
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Nice location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Very good location with easy acces to main sandton shopping malls ( village walk nearly completely closed ) as convention ctre. Service at reception is professional and fast , rooms are simple and not realy luxurious or nice but will just do. Hotel restaurant is average , lobby bar is ok . Pool is nice and gym is just good enough but with aging material. This is not the best hilton i have visited but service in this hotel is nice and friendly. Hotel is well taken care of and rooms are clean.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
hiltonnairobi, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Mr. Charles W.,

I sincerely hope you had a wonderful Christmas Holiday and enjoyed a peaceful time with your family.

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations.

Regarding your feedback about our rooms and gym equipment, we do regret that we were not able to fully meet your expectations, however we have noted your comments positively and will definitely take them into consideration for our future refurbishment to come.

I would like to thank you as well for your kind comment regarding our team members and services and it was my upmost pleasure to share the same with our team.

Mr. Charles W., we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton and in the near future.

In the meantime, I am wishing you a very happy and prosperous New Year, and if I can be of any assistance, please do contact me at any given time.

HEIDI KLEINE MOELLER I Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is very nice. The room is spacious and quiet. The bathroom is large and clean. Flat screen TV, coffee/tea station and iron in the room. King size bed is so very comfortable. This is a great place to stay.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ms. Nicole L.,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Ms. Nicole L., we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton and in the near future.

HEIDI KLEINE-MOELLER I Director of Operations
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This is a good hotel for business travelers. The lobby is incredibly spacious. plenty of room for small parties to congregate in private. The level of service we received was stellar. The breakfast buffet was divine. We had the hibachi dinner and it was delectable. My only gripe was that the internet service paid per connecting device. Not per room. The hotel has a greta location near Nelson Mandela Square. Its close enough to walk but the hotel offers a free shuttle.

Room Tip: I saw 3 rooms and were all nice. SOme suites have a separate living room area. This will be desira...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr./Mrs. DandyMT,

We are glad to note your overall satisfaction during your recent stay with us. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile. I am most delighted to see that you took the opportunity to indulge yourself in our South African breakfast and the hibachi dinner which you found to be most stellar and divine and please rest assured that I have shared your compliments with our Executive Chef.

However I have noted as well your dissatisfaction of having to pay for the internet service per devise. I would like to advise you that this would be due to the service being provided by an outside company. However I am happy to inform you that we are in the final process of finalizing the facilities to offer complimentary Wi-Fi in our public areas. In addition I would like to inform you that if you are on our Hilton HHonors Loyalty Programme and have reached your Gold tier you are entitled to complimentary internet connection throughout our premises.

Mr. DandyMT, we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton in the near future.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do contact me at any given time.

HEIDI KLEINE MOELLER I Director of Operations
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

On checking out the hotel's systems were down so they charged my American Express and promised to email the itemized receipt through as soon as the system came back online. I left email details and made the journey home to London. No email was received and so I phoned them, the apologized and assured me that they would send it "now". None received. An email to the reservations team also prompted no response. Today I thought I'd call the GM to see if he could get this email to me but after three tries over a half hour period no one is answering there. Are South African hotels open on Sundays?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Janet L, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Mr. Jim D,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. As you are aware, we greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet our guests’ expectations.

I have noted your comments of not receiving your invoice upon check out due to our Property Management System being offline, and even after several attempts to the hotel directly, for which I sincerely apologise. Please rest assured that we have received your email via our Reservations Department and you should receive your invoice today.

Mr. Jim D, we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton and any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.

Kosi Reddy
Human Resources Manager
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The arrival was not too great as we had to pull the luggages out of the car ourselves without help. There were 2 hotel staff at the door who just stood there chatting. Check in was efficient and the concierge was helpful in making reservations etc. The room had a faulty aircon which was fixed within 10 mins. It had a view of the roof top. Hairdryer cable was strangely tied to the working desk drawer. Gym was good sized with all appropriate equipment. There were no clear signs pointing the direction to the gym or pool. No staff at the gym in the entire time I was there about 830 am. Internet charges were high and so we skipped that. Good shuttle service till 10 pm to the mall. Our rates did not include breakfast despite the rather high price. I'm debating if I should give it an average or very good rating and I would have given a 3.5 if possible but really a rather average experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Janet L, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Mr/Ms. Singap0re Traveller,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us as it is only through comments such as yours that we are able to improve our standards and service delivery. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I have noticed with great concern your feedback regarding not getting any porter assistance upon your arrival at the hotel, as well as your comments with regards to the faulty air-conditioner and I would like to extend my sincere apology for these occurrences. Please rest assured that this has been addressed with the relevant departments and corrective measures have been taken.

I am pleased to see that you were overall satisfied with the efficiency of your check in, the helpfulness of the concierge desk and our shuttle’s availability, which I have shared with our frontline team.

With regards to the hairdryer cable being tied to the desk drawer, I would like to advise that due to safety regulations we do not place our hairdryers in the bathroom, therefore it is placed in the desk drawer next to the mirror.

Thank you for your comments regarding the gym and pool signage, which is something that we will examine.

Further to your comments regarding your rate, I am unfortunately not able to comment, as I do not have sufficient information on your reservation.

Mr/Ms. Singap0re Traveller, we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton and any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.

Kim Bailey
Accommodation, Conference and Events Manager
Ljubljana, Slovenia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed there for 3 days during late November 2012 for a business trip. Upon arrival around noon got room right away, and even got an upgrade to a suite with executive lounge access for being HH Gold member. Suite very nice, modern, clean. In the evening tried the EL, and must say this is one of the most modest executive lounges Hilton has out there, spread very very poor (around 7pm), lounge quite smallish... and choice of drinks very limited. During my time in lounge no one came to me and asked if I maybe want something. When trying to use the shower found out that warm water needs some 4, 5 minutes to arrive to my suite, so waited there in cold, wet shower for this ammount of time... During breakfast, which I had enyojed in big restaurant dowstairs, noticed that no one ever services desks until you actually leave, no one romeved empty plated and glasses... On the day I left my request for late check out denied, as hotel was full, but was allowed to wait in the lounge. Wiress a bit slowish... I believe that hotel is solid hard product, but the problem is soft product, especially staff, that are many, but not all too interested in actually doing their job.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
hiltonnairobi, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Mr./Ms. Mirror74,

I am delighted to see that you were overall satisfied with your upgrade to the executive floor. However I have noted your comments regarding the spread being poor and the choice of drinks not being to your satisfaction for which I would like to sincerely apologize. While we will review alternative and better options, we have discussed your feedback about the missing and very slow service with all departments concerned, and corrective measures like proper scheduling and especially retraining of all team members, will be taken accordingly.

Regarding your comment about the unacceptable waiting time for hot water in your shower, kindly note that this was an isolated incident and I have shared your comments with our Chief Engineer accordingly.

Mr./Ms. Mirror74, we highly regret that we were not able to fully satisfy you as expected this time, and therefore I would like to convey once more my sincere apologies. Please be assured that we have taken your feedback very seriously and we always will place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton

In the meantime we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton and if I might be of any assistance in the future, please do contact me at any given time.

Heidi Kleine-Moeller
Director of Operations
Ayr, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I should start the review by saying that I spend on average 200 days per year living out of hotels all around the world. Like many in my position I have encountered both ends of the spectrum with regards to quality and VFM in the hotel industry.

Although I do have a family...somewhere... a hotel and its staff, do play a huge role in making time away from them as bearable as possible!

This was not my first visit to the Jo'Burg Hilton. Before I have found it pleasent and typically Hiltonesque. However, this time the level of service offered by the entire staff was superb. Nothing was too much trouble and from the waiting staff through the front desk to the maid service; all made sure that my stay was the best they could offer!

In fairness the rooms were nice...but may be a shade tired.... yet they were very clean and comfortable... The airconditioning in bedroom did not quite get the room cool enough for my entire liking however this was just a minor niggle. What made the stay outstanding was the attention to detail and the welcoming approach from a well trained and disciplined professional staff.

There are swankier, more up market hotels, I am sure but Hilton Hotels should be proud of this one ..it delivers a top quality service!!

Room Tip: Suites on the north side are quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
hiltonnairobi, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Mr. Dave T,

We are glad to note your overall satisfaction during your recent stay with us. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile. In particular your kind comments about the services you received from the entire hotel staff was our upmost pleasure to share with our entire team.

Though we are not able to establish in what room you stayed in, your situation with our air-conditioner has been shared with both the Chief Engineer and our Executive Housekeeper to recheck our rooms in general again to prevent a future reoccurrence.

Mr. Dave T, we do place great value on your custom, and your continued patronage with Hilton and please be assured we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton very soon again.

Heidi Kleine-Moeller
Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Sandton? Share your experiences!