“Good to be back!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Luca's Pizzeria

Luca's Pizzeria
Rivonia Crossing, Tree Court | Achter Road, Corner Witkoppen Road & Rivonia Road, Sandton 2192, South Africa
Improve this listing
Ranked #69 of 133 Restaurants in Sandton
Cuisines: Italian
“Good to be back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

My fish (line fish of the day) was a bit overcooked for my liking ... Hence the 3 on food. Lovely ambience and really busy for mid week. Worth a visit. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Honest Italian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife went to Luca's on Tuesday and was so impressed that she took us the next evening. The place filled up very quickly and I realised why we were asked if we had a booking when we arrived. It is clearly popular with the locals. We had the Gorgonzola and sun-dried tomato focaccia as starter and we weren't disappointed. I was happy to see that they stock South-African wine made from Italian varieties, and could even get a bottle of Fairview Barbera. I had the Lamb, cooked in espresso and apricots and served with polenta, and enjoyed it thoroughly. My daughter's lasagna was very good, as was the veal that my wife ordered. The dom pedro was only ok, and so was the baked cheese cake, but we had a good time and will be going back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Centurion, South Africa
“Not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Was looking forward to eating there because of the high rating in trip advisor. it is nice to sit outside, but the food didnt impress us. the only thing i can suggest to eat is the asparugus for starter. my calamari starter was oily and some kind of a sauce would have been nice. the canaloni was very dry. i asked for a sauce to eat it with. wont eat there again.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Delicious food, family owned, wonderful experience - a must visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Luca's Pizzeria is a wonderful Italian restaurant. We've eaten there for around 5 years and have enjoyed EVERY meal. Luca is a hands-on manager and his staff are well versed in the art of waiting tables. The food is of an excellent standard, there aren't any meals I wouldn't eat.

It is a well run operation and you will leave more than satisfied. I'm hungry just thinking about it!

• Visited March 2012