“Pretty venue, good food but s-l-o-w service” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #86 of 108 restaurants in Sandton
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Pretty venue, good food but s-l-o-w service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Had a business breakfast with quite a few colleagues. Perhaps it was the number at the table (10) that resulted in the delay, but it took 45mins for breakfast to arrive. It was very tasty and the flapjacks looked stunning but for the price you pay I would expect better service. The food needs to be served a lot quicker. We ended up running 30mins late as a result. This will affect our decision the next time we have to book. Such a pity since the decor is funky and it has an interesting look about it. Try harder people!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

20% Recommend
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Nice decor but very average service and food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I arrived early for a function and was looking for a breakfast spot, preferably something a little secluded. I decided to give Annica's a try, albeit that they had disappointed me before.
I was hoping that they had upped their game, but came away realising they have not.
Annica's is a premium restaurant and I would expect to have better service, which was certainly not the case. Food was better than I would get at a "normal" breakfast spot, but it was certainly not amazing, and not worth the premium.
Annica's has so much potential and I really hope the owners can bring that to the fore again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Johannesburg, South Africa
“What a disappointment this place has become ......”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This little nugget hidden away at the back Michelangelo Towers Mall was once of our favourite places to go. We referred many good friends to it. It was a gem.

However we have noticed that since a change of ownership/ management the restaurant has deteriorated to the point where it has become a very sad shadow of its former self.

We took friends of ours to Annica's with some trepidation recently (we knew standards were slipping precipitously from an earlier visit.). We were not wrong.

Our friends asked for Rooibos tea with the bag out of the hot water plus a few slices of lemon: a simple request? No .... it came with the bag in the hot water, no lemon no honey. The waiter was asked whether the Tea came with Lemon slices as requested? His response it is served (standard) with Lemon and Honey. It was sent away. It came back with only the lemon, no honey.

My wife was then told that there was no meusli. (there are large supermarkets 10 mins away from this restaurant.). My wife asked why? Oh he said the suppliers have not delivered.

Proceeded to serve my wifes' order without the Muesli but charged for it? Neat trick.

My advice is do not go anywhere near this establishment until the owner or management is changed (again). Dimitri please come back and set it right.

• Visited November 2012