“Loved this place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Capital Hydro

You added The Capital Hydro to your Saves list
The Capital Hydro
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   86 Grayston Drive, Hydro Park | Sandown, Sandton 2196, South Africa (Formerly Hydro Executive Apartments)   |
Ranked #25 of 47 Hotels in Sandton
Australia
“Loved this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed here last month for a week as I was in Jo'burg for work, I'd previously stayed at the Westpoint Apartments across the road and was not prepared to go back, and a girlfriend had recommended Hydro. So glad I took her suggestion! I turned up without any notice, and they were able to put me into a 2-bed apartment the next day on the same rate as a 1-bed, thanks!

The 2-bed apartment was lovely - clean, spacious, with a well-equipped kitchen incl washing machine and dryer, plenty of cooking utensils which I appreciated given I like to cook. The bed was very comfortable, enjoyed the deep bath in the ensuite and taking my coffee on the balcony each morning. Parking downstairs is free and abundant and supervised by Security, they give you a pass key to the entrance when you check-in so once you've got that it's hassle-free. A maid comes in and cleans on a daily basis, and even did the ironing for me if I left out some bucks. there's a small shopping centre 5 mins walk away, wtih a couple of supermarkets to choose from, as well as a few cafes and restaurants, so plenty of local choice. Also close to Mandela Square where there are piles of cafes, huge shopping centre open 7 days a week etc etc.Small gym downstairs has a coupla machines and weights, and didn't appear to be busy. The apartment was also nice and quiet, very little noise from the busy road, and zero noise from other apartments.

All in all, would definitely recommend this as a great stay in Jo'burg.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

As a businessman, when I travel I want my accommodation to be sophisticated and convenient, which is exactly how I would describe Hydro. My room was spacious and had all the modern facilities I needed, including DSTV and a phone. I also had a private lift to my apartment which made a big difference. I made full use of the gym facilities and the hotel’s central location made getting to my conferences easy and stress-free.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed one night in the two bedroom apt. The apartment was clean and well appointed. The staff was friendly. Very close to Mandela Square for goods hopping and eating options. I would recommend this apt to other families.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

On a recent holiday to Sandton, we decided to stay in the Hydro Executive Apartments. We had close family friends who had recommended the accommodation to us, so we decided to see what it had to offer. On arrival we were greeted by friendly and welcoming staff, and were quickly shown the way to our apartment. And although we’d heard about its high standard of luxury and attention to detail, we were pleasantly surprised further by its sophistication and grandeur. Needless to say, we accommodation as luxurious and prestigious as the Hydro Executive Apartments, it’s difficult to have any complaints; when on our next visit to Sandton, we will undoubtedly check ourselves back into this establishment.
While we had originally intended on spending most of our time exploring Sandton and its surrounding areas, we found it somewhat difficult to rush ourselves out of the apartments and facilities. However we returned home without a care in the world and can happily and confidently recommend the Hydro Executive Apartments to any businessman of holiday maker wishing to visit Sandton.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Staying in one of the luxurious Hydro Executive Apartments made my most recent business trip to Johannesburg something special. While my days were full with business meetings, I was able to simply kick back and relax in the evenings. I found the service to be impeccable and the staff to be hospitable and polite. The Apartment I was checked into offered me all the comforts of home with added luxury and the convenience of a hotel. Every morning I’d start the day with a session in the private gym before attending breakfast, while after a busy day and I’d unwind with a leisurely swim in the private swimming pool.
While home is undoubtedly where the heart is, thanks to the team and attention to detail at the Hydro Executive Apartments, I’m already looking forward to my next business trip to Sandton.

Room Tip: breakfast is good.